darn leaky keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Reaction score
not sure if this in the right section or not, but here it goes. get home from work yesterday, haven't looked at my Chinook plant in a while, first year plant, its huge and really taken off...i have cones! i'm happy, life is good. go in the basement, pour myself a pint of beer. wash the car, drink the beer...i go back down later to fill up a growler to take to my club meeting last night and i go to turn down the pressure on the regulator (been having problems with foam, figured i'd turn it down), and i notice all 3 of my regulators are at 0 psi, and my main overall gauge is at 0! i hooked up a keg of ESB sunday night and it must have a leak. my wheat and SNPA kegs both had pressure, but my ESB keg didnt have any pressure at all. oh well. so need to get some CO2 tomorrow and hook it back up, transfer the ESB to another keg and play around with this one and see where the leak is coming from, i'm assuming the lid. oh well, just bummed i couldnt fit in filling the tank at lunch today, will have to on wednesday.

Why transfer it? the beer is in the bottom, the leak is somewhere in the top. probably poppets or the QD's.
I just had a leaking compression fitting on my QD beer out. luckly the keg was nearly empty and I caught it fast so I didn't lose too much or make a huge mess.

i'd check poppets/qd's first, hose fittings, then the lid seal and safety valves. Keg lube goes on all these.

Back