Woohoo! Found tiny local brewpub!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurel

Reaction score
So I live in the North end of Seattle, and there is a wealth of microbreweries in the area. My boyfriend's brother has been home on leave from Iraq, and has been doing a brewery tour, so far they've hit 12 breweries in a 20ish mile radius. He flies out today, so last night we were looking for another local brewery to have dinner/beer at without fighting downtown traffic and parking. We ended up finding a place not 1/4 mile from my apartment that was listed on the Washington Brewers Guild website in fine print at the bottom.

It's called the Ellersick Brewery, but the logo says "Big E." It's a small brewpub, and when you come in, you're greeted by a blast of warm humid air, and the delicious smell of beer. They have a modest menu, but all of the food is decent, and they have 12 (!!!!) beers on tap at such a small place! We all got the sampler and tried everything. We were very impressed with the quality of the beer(it's like a homebrewer made all these recipes because HE likes them, not because he was worried about marketing them to a wide range of people), and my boyfriend, who usually likes pilsners and the like decided that he liked EVERY other beer more than the pilsner, and the pilsner was good. The owner even came over and chatted with us(gave us the rundown on how the hops shortage was affecting him), and a "regular" noticed that we were new and gave us a rundown of all the beers. I'm so pumped that a place like this is so close-by and I didn't even know it. I'd suggest that anyone in the north end of Seattle check it out, plus the prices are much better than those at Red Hook or other bigger breweries.

How does it compare to Pike Brewery? That is really the only place other then Pyramid which I have been to in Seattle. I dont consider Pyramid to be a microbrew.

It's much smaller than Pike. It's a tiny little brewery with a hometown feel to it. The beers were also better than Pike IMO. We also checked out Hales Ales a few weeks ago. At Hales, the food was better(most of this stuff seemed like it could be made with stuff from costco, which is fine, but different), but this brew pub seems to concentrate on their brews, whereas the restaurant at Hales has good beers, but not as good as Big.

Back