Found old bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire_travels

Reaction score
I went dumpster diving for used wine bottles and I found what I think is and old beer bottle but it has the shape of a wine bottle, except fot the top which looks like it can be capped. this bottle is dark green and is very heavy. I found this pick of one kinda like it on ebay except the top on mine can be capped, it is not blown ( has a seam) and the bottem is just a very little pushed up (1/4 inch)

Any Ideals?

Will it handle pressure?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180083333280&rd=1&rd=1

It looks like a Lindemanns Frambois bottle. If it is, it can be capped and it will hold pressure well, but you need European caps (29mm, I believe). You also have to adjust your capper. If you have a red baron capper, you have to pull out the crimpers with a pair of pliers and turn it around. The bell is a little small, but it does work.

If you just have the one bottle, I'm not sure if it would be worth all the trouble.

Back