More nitro beers???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homeslice

Reaction score
I understand that nitrogenous beer is pricey and that porters and stouts take the reigns for the creamy head but why aren't there more varieties of nitrogenous beers? I'd love to try a Chimay Blue via nitro tap. Yum.

Post your nitro beers.

I don't have a nitro system at home. But at Fox River Brewing Company in Appleton, WI, they had an IPA served on nitro. I thought it was awesome!

It had the hop character and bitterness of an IPA, but with a creamy head and mouthfeel. It was great.

First Nitro goes in your car Beer Gas (Nitrogen CO2 blend) goes in your beer.

Put it on any kind of beer you like if you have the right set up. I made a pumpkin ale and put that on beer gas. It was whipped cream on top!

The smaller bubbles in nitrogen tend to soften the sharper flavors in a beer, as well as hide the more subtle flavors. So much of what makes many Belgian beers distinctive is actually the high level of carbonic acid that is associated with CO2. If you decrease that, then you get a completely different beer.

There's nothing stopping you from giving it a try, though! It only takes one expensive keg of Chimay to attempt the heretofore unknown.

Back