So I turned 30 on May 4th..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPR-GRN

Reaction score
Have kinda been celebrating the big three-oh for a few weeks now, I have to give the back story for this to make sense.

A couple months back, I dropped a hint to my wife that I would like a grain mill for my birthday, and by hint I mean a link the website where it could be ordered and which model I specifically wanted.

Three weeks ago she took me to Boston, MA; the original plan was to hang out at the cask n' flagon, then go to a Sox game on Friday, then go to some brew pubs and bars and catch "The Book of Mormon" on Saturday and head home on Sunday; sadly due to the Boston Marathon bombings, Friday was cancelled, but we still Did Saturday and had and awesome time; the ticket place got us new Sox tickets for a game in June so we are going to that.

Two weeks ago, we went out to a nice dinner, caught a Beatles outfit called the Fab Faux and that was awesome too. At this point I've filed the grain mill under "I'll get one eventually because the wife is awesome and did a bunch of stuff for me already".

Last weekend, we had some people over and had some awesome porterhouse steaks, hung out by the fire pit all night drinking many beverages.

My brother-in-law had to leave early, and he felt bad because he missed the other two weekends worth of frivolity (he's a new teacher so he's always working, he teaches special education), so he hands me a gift and asks me "do you know what this is?" and I was like "I don't have a clue" because I didn't; well turns out the large box wrapped in Spider-man Christmas wrapping paper, that he definitely wrapped himself, was the very grain mill I had shown my wife two months ago. I nearly had kittens in front of everybody. I thought she had forgotten about it; but since she had already planned all the other stuff prior ot me passing her the information, she passed the info along to my brother-in-law; and since I'm the one who taught him how to brew, he thought it was a fitting gift. Granted he is going to reap the benefits of getting me a grain mill, needless to say, it was an awesome gift.

With my hops planted & grain mill acquired, 2013 is going to be a great year for brewing at my place, and 2014 is only going to be better.

I'll post pics when I get the photos off my camera, but I had to share with everyone; turning 30 isn't that bad when you have good family an friends :)

Prost man, that is awesome. I turn 30 next year, hoping for equivalency.

turning 30 isn't that bad when you have good family an friends :)

Good to know. I turn 30 next month and can't wait to celebrate (quietly) with my wife and 8 mo old twins. Maybe I should tweak my APA recipe to incorporate the number 30 in there somehow...

Nice work. I also turn 30 in September. Not sure what me and my girlfriend are doing yet, but something is in the works.

That is a nice story, happy birthday. All you guys turning 30 this year...I remember when I turned 30...no, no, I don't.

mumbling...<going to be 48 this year>

more mumbling... <two teenage daughters, one driving, one getting ready to drive, took her to the DMV yesterday to get her permit>

still mumbling... <at least I have beer> :D

Way too many "Kids" on this site... Ha!
At least you are not those "Know-it-all" and obnoxious 20 somethings... they really suck!

By 30 you should really be starting to figure it all out and understand you are not the center of the Universe&#8230; well OK you are but you have developed the ability not to try to prove it to everybody else.

You might even have friends that you disagree with on important issues.

I mean I tolerate people who like Over-Hopped IPAs&#8230;. And even those that drink Sierra Nevada and Anchor Steam&#8230;

That is a nice story, happy birthday. All you guys turning 30 this year...I remember when I turned 30...no, no, I don't.

more mumbling... <two teenage daughters, one driving, one getting ready to drive, took her to the DMV yesterday to get her permit>

Ouch! Ha, I know how you feel brother.... Except my kids are 8 and 12... but, staring down the pipe at the big 48

But, on a good note, I TOTALLY remember my 30th birthday! And, I did NOT get a grain mill.

:mad:

Way too many "Kids" on this site... Ha!
At least you are not those "Know-it-all" and obnoxious 20 somethings... they really suck!

By 30 you should really be starting to figure it all out and understand you are not the center of the Universe… well OK you are but you have developed the ability not to try to prove it to everybody else.

You might even have friends that you disagree with on important issues.

I mean I tolerate people who like Over-Hopped IPAs…. And even those that drink Sierra Nevada and Anchor Steam…

The older I get, the hoppier I like my beers:ban:

well at 30 I know I'm not the center of the universe, however I am pretty much the bees-knees and have a very busy social calendar; lets face it everyone wants a piece of me :)

seriously though, 30 is alright - bought a house last June, got married last October (after an 8 year relationship that spanned four states). We're doing alright.

I can't even remember how many breweries she has taken me to, and she doesn't even drink beer; just supports the heck out of me.

turned 50 this year, so I brewed a 50 beer. 1.050 OG, 5.0 ABV, 5.0 SRM & 50 IBU.

you're still a session beer

happy birthday!

I wish I was 30 again. I would have done everything till now, by then.....Happy birthday.

Fantastic. Made my morning.

Back