A wee bit of advice requested...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TW1Kell

Reaction score
Ya'all may laugh...I have my 1st beer bottled and I have a discount coupon from Cooper's. I want to try an Irish Stout Package as my favorite beers are Murphy's and Guinness. Am I silly to "assume" that I'd be able to attempt such, or are they no more difficult or easy than other beers? I really want to use this coupon, I'm weird like that (and it gives me an excuse to make more beer!), and I figure that I'm gonna run out, way before I get more made.

Packages are relatively simple. Just follow the directions on the kit/can.
You may need to add malt and it would be more to style if you used a traditional Stout yeast.

Just don't get your hopes up that you are going to be brewing true Guiness.

I hear ya, I want to get the complete Irish Stout Kit with the added stuff. It's the more expensive version of the Stout kits. I gotta figure out how to make a TRUE Murphy's or Guinness! If ya haven't had a Murphy's, it's identical to Guinnes, even Dublin made, but in a true pint can instead of that measley lil ol' 14.9 oz, or whatever they're tryin to cheat us with! ;)

HEHEHE! Coopers' is out of bottles: "Out of stock"! Soooo...I ordered another kit, in order to get bottles. I also ordered the Complete Irish Stout Package with my little 10% off coupon and it shipped, today! YAY! We'll soon see if I can manage to brew an Irish Stout! Out of stock on bottles...sheesh! There's more than one way to defur a feline!

I told my Wifey that I wanted 2 or 3 brewing kegs so that I could get up a stockpile, since I drink beer like a fish drinks water! NOW, I'll have 2 kits. Maybe I won't have to buy so much beer, now! HAHAHA! I am a happy lil boy! It's never too late to have a happy childhood! I'll post what happens with my Irish Stout adventure. I'm sure that I'll have a million questions to ask before it's drunk...drank...before I get a bottle of it in me!

Same situation as you. I made my first batch, and IPA, and it's sitting in the fermentor. i didn't want to wait 5 weeks to see how it turned out, so started the second brew . . . an irish stout (also one of my favorites). it was the exact same process, just more specialty grains and less hops. actually it was easier because there weren't multiple hop additions.

Latest posts

Back