CNN Video report on oldest brewery in America

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't view the video from work, but I did watch an Empires of the Industry (Breweries) on Netflix and they gave a pretty cool history of the industry and Yuengling. The coolest part (no pun intended) was how they built into sort of a mountain side for their cellaring. Have you seen any of their beers in IL? I'd love to be able to support a company like that.

Yuengling is pretty much a local legend around here, almost everywhere in PA you order a "lager", you get a Yuengling. My grandfather loved the beer, even had socks and a tie with the company logo on it. It was the first exposure I had to it as a kid - 15 years later and there's almost always a Yuengling product in my house.

I know you can find it here. Binny's usually carries some. I'm not a huge fan, but my PA friends that live here swear by it.

We just started getting yuengling around here about a month ago. But we've only gotten the Traditional lager & Black & Tan so far. They're both pretty good. I was surprised when my wife 1st tasted the black & Tan,she loved it! And she doesn't care for dark beers. But she does love malty...:mug:

Yuengling is about 2 minutes from my house. I actually got permission from the brewer, Pete for my engagement pictures. They have a really cool brew house. Should be some sweet pictures. Good beer, but living so close, you get tired of it. Town smells AWESOME on brew day though.

It's made it up as far as Ohio, and some of the Michigan Masher's who go down to visit family have brought me up the porter, the black and tan, lord chesterfield's ale, and the traditional lager. I like them all especially the Trad Lager. I think it is very full flavored and has nice body. A lot better than BMC for sure.

It's a standard in PA of course, but definitely in NJ as well. I have too many friends who went to Scranton, and came back four years later with the "Yuengling Brainwash" syndrome. Regardless, it's a consistent beer.

I don't know who the distributor is for my area,but anyone who gets it to sell only gets the Traditional lager & Black & Tan. Nothing else.?...WTF Chuck?

Yeah,I have to admit,we were both surprised at how smooth & good it was for a porter mixed with a pale ale. Might try making a mop sauce out of it. Perhaps with some Memphis rub...

Yeah,I have to admit,we were both surprised at how smooth & good it was for a porter mixed with a pale ale. Might try making a mop sauce out of it. Perhaps with some Memphis rub...

Used to be a Porter & Pale Ale blend but back in the 80's they changed it to their Porter & Premium Lager. I bet it was good with the Pale Ale too! Cheers!!!

Back