Portland Micros

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyfan964

Reaction score
I'm heading out to Portland for business tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could suggest some micro brews i need to try out that way. My beers of choice are porters and brown ales so if there are any real good ones in that category that would be a great help.

If you're talking about Portland OR, there are over 30 breweries in Portland proper and some of the best beer bars in the country. Personal Favorites are Laurelwood, Alameda Brewhouse, New Old Lompoc, Hair of the Dog and Roots. Bars = The Horse Brass Pub, Concordia Alehouse, Higgins and Henry's 12th St. Tavern.

Here's a link to many more. Beer Mapping.com

Be warned, the Horse Brass Pub stinks, literally. If you don't smoke, don't go there.

Rogue's Portland Pub 1339 NW Flanders for a pint of Mocha Porter.
Root's makes a good Brown. Lucky Lab's Stumptown Porter is nice.

If you were going to be in the area a while and have a car, I would highly recommend Pelican's Doryman's Dark.

Be warned, the Horse Brass Pub stinks, literally. If you don't smoke, don't go there.

This is true. Can be very smoky at times. I don't smoke but I can't deny that they have one of the best beer selections in town and 5 cask engines so I mentally prepare myself going in.

Don Younger said if the state ever goes non-smoking, he'll shut the place down.

Brewtopia said:
This is true. Can be very smoky at times. I don't smoke but I can't deny that they have one of the best beer selections in town and 5 cask engines so I mentally prepare myself going in.

Don Younger said if the state ever goes non-smoking, he'll shut the place down.
Oregon is going to follow suit behind Washington I've heard but I don't know when..

Personally I hate the smell, but I am in favor of Oregon's current law which allows smoking in bars. Many brewpubs are smoke-free, they get my business.

HBP has a great selection of ales and authentic (gray with gravy) English Pub food. I just won't go there again.

Latest posts

Back