Fermentation Chamber from Fridge Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
When you use a standard fridge with a Johnson controller/aquarium controller, ect, what happens with the freezer? Will it still be below freezing, or run in the range of the fridge compartment?

my main worry is that in a typical top freezer/bottom fridge unit, when they are running the vent between the fridge/freezer chambers doesn't open up until the freezer is down to temperature, which can take quite a while. This is at least how my current older GE functions. I am sure that the vent can be opened up permanently, just haven't ever torn into one quite that deep.

hmm, being the genius that I am, I have devised a plan. I ordered a controller earlier on Ebay, shouldn't take but about 10 minutes to rig it up. I am going to hook it all up on my current keg fridge (once the keg kicks) to test things out, and if all works well, get to building. Ideally, I want to find a upright freezer, they seem to be fewer and further between.

Back