Official 2010 "Pay it Forward" Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If you have any extra gear, post it here and send it (for free) to the first person who responds IN THIS THREAD.
Rules:

1 item per person, unless an item is unclaimed for a long period of time. Also, the donator gets to decide if all items go together to one person, or to separate the items.

Once an item is claimed, edit your post (or ask me to do it) with "Gone- to Yooper (or whoever took the item!)

If an item is large, the donator can ask the recipient to pay shipping. Otherwise, the item is free.

Ready..............Set.......................Go!

EDIT: No "reneges". If you post something up as a free item, don't "ebay" it off after. That goes against the spirit of this thread. If you don't want to participate, that's fine! But don't offer up an item and then change your mind, or you will be banned from receiving.

Also, note that this year the "one item per person" is pinked, bolded, underlined and italicized. I think that should be adequate to remind you that one per customer is the rule. If we have abuse again this year, we will no longer do this, plus I will step in and stop the transactions.

I'm game! I'll offer up (1) bag of (100) Oetiker clamps..size 140. Two bags are pictured, but I'm only giving up one.

103010_008.JPG

I have a few cases of bottles since I just started kegging! :rockin: I would prefer local. Lancaster/York Pa area.

I have an empty 20 lb aluminum bottle with a nitrogen valve.

GONE TO riverfrontbrewer

The tank will have to be re-certified before it can be filled.

I will not ship this. Local pick-up only.

(I hope that's okay, Yooper)

NitroCylinder.JPG

For local pickup on Oahu, I have a couple dozen 750ml corked Belgian beer bottles and some smaller sized ones originally containing Lindemans Faro.

Chris,

I had one request from instate for information about the tank earlier. If they decide they can't use it, it's yours.

Wayne

I'll offer up a hydrometer and test tube. Shipping included. Gone to azingsheim

Dozens of beer bottles local in Wichita, KS area

It's not much, but it might be of use to someone building a mash tun out of a Gott style water cooler. I know how difficult they can be to find...

I have one 5/8" stainless steel fender washer to give. It's the same size washer used in this thread...
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-easy-10-gallon-rubbermaid-mlt-conversion-23008/
Since only one washer goes inside, you can use any other washer for the exterior.

Perhaps this can help out an All-Grain noob?

gone to maxam...the palindrome.

It's not much, but it might be of use to someone building a mash tun out of a Gott style water cooler. I know how difficult they can be to find...

I have one 5/8" stainless steel fender washer to give. It's the same size washer used in this thread...
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-easy-10-gallon-rubbermaid-mlt-conversion-23008/
Since only one washer goes inside, you can use any other washer for the exterior.

Perhaps this can help out an All-Grain noob?

I'll take you up on that offer!

I too will donate a single SS 5/8 fender washer to anyone trying to build a MLT. Their tough to find, so I had to buy a ten pack! Their almost gone, so PM me!

Gone to marcycaulkins

Before this makes it to the second page I'm gonna bump it back up with 2oz of Willamette pellet Hops. Free to the first PM. (shipping included)
Gone to jamesnsw

wouldn't it be better if there is only one item at a time. whoever takes that item, has to put up another item? then you have a chain going. just a thought...

Yooper can chime in as well, but the idea is just to give up something that you no longer use/need to someone could use it to advance their brewing. It is typically not necessary to give up something just because you have claimed something.

wouldn't it be better if there is only one item at a time. whoever takes that item, has to put up another item? then you have a chain going. just a thought...

well a noob like me might have have an item to give but could use some thing that is offered.

-=Jason=-

If your just getting into brewing its sometimes not easy to have "extra" stuff laying around you dont need. After a year or two into the full swing of brewing you sometimes get a little extra stuff you can easily part with.
To me, This thread is really just generosity between brewer friends.
Help out others and be able to receive also.

Just my .02 cents is all :mug:

I am renewing my BYO subscription and it comes with a free subscription for a friend. So I offer up this second subscription to someone needy (like I was last year. Thanks Yooper). Post a reply and PM me your mailing information.

edit- gone to brewstev!

I am renewing my BYO subscription and it comes with a free subscription for a friend. So I offer up this second subscription to someone needy (like I was last year. Thanks Yooper). Post a reply and PM me your mailing information.

I would love a BYO subscription if still available!

Yooper can chime in as well, but the idea is just to give up something that you no longer use/need to someone could use it to advance their brewing. It is typically not necessary to give up something just because you have claimed something.

Exactly! I have some other items, too, that I'll be offering up. I'm brewing tomorrow and will check my "stock" of stuff. Most new of us have extra stuff, but not all of us. The spirit of the thread is to share some of our excess with someone who can use it, without getting anything in return.

I'll offer up two 1/2 barrel kegs. Would be great as part of an all grain starter kit. I think they call these "fat boy" kegs. They are fatter around the middle, not straight sided. Local pickup only near Champaign, IL.

Gone to BeerBDrew

DSC_1861.JPG

I offered up my spare capper last year...

Think I probably have a few things I could pass on this year as well... Gotta go through my gear.

I have a totally full, unopened jar of 5.2 stabilizer. I have a 1/2 empty jar, too, and have come to realize that it's junk.

Anyway, if someone wants the full jar, I'll be glad to offer it up. I can't ship it out until Friday or Monday (work) but if you want it, it's yours. I paid about $15 for it.

EDIT- Gone to annasdadhockey

I use that stuff all the time. I'll take it if its still available, Yoop.

I'll look to see what I can offer up.

I have a totally full, unopened jar of 5.2 stabilizer. I have a 1/2 empty jar, too, and have come to realize that it's junk.

Anyway, if someone wants the full jar, I'll be glad to offer it up. I can't ship it out until Friday or Monday (work) but if you want it, it's yours. I paid about $15 for it.

Thanks for the reminder, Yooper.

I also have an almost full jar of 5.2 pH stabilizer. I wouldn't call it junk but my water here doesn't need it. I always seem to hit 5.2 on my mashes without it.

GONE TO jasonsbeer

5_2.JPG

Thanks for the reminder, Yooper.

I also have an almost full jar of 5.2 pH stabilizer. I wouldn't call it junk but my water here doesn't need it. I always seem to hit 5.2 on my mashes without it.

Wayne1 - if you're offering the 5.2 up, I'll take it.

Thanks!

Ok... I have a LOW pressure LP regulator that I can pass on. It should work fine for low pressure burners (or your BBQ). I ordered it by mistake for my high pressure burner.

I have a Nitrogen regulator. The high pressure guage doesn't work. Other than that, it works great! Free and I'll pay the shipping to the US lower 48.

Gone to Baja_Brewer.

I have a Nitrogen regulator. The high pressure guage doesn't work. Other than that, it works great! Free and I'll pay the shipping to the US lower 48.

Gone to Baja_Brewer.

I would love it! Mine just crapped out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back