Berkshire Brewing Co. Extract recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second this question. Rather than start my own. Anyone familiar with Berkshire Brewing Company? I want to find a clone recipe. Or something similiar to their Steel Rail extra pale ale specifically.

One more bump here... Still lookin for any sort of insight to these guys brews. I emailed them, but I have got no response.

Give this another shot.... So far this recipe is all I have found somewhere on google. I also am looking to convert to extract w/speciality grains. Someone that has drank this beer, does this seem accurate?

11# US Pale 2 row malt
.5 oz. Northern Brewer pellet hops 6.5%
.5 oz. East Kent Goldings hops 6%
.75 oz. Willamette hops
White Labs American Ale WLP001

Mash single infusion at 155 deg.

60 minute boil.
1. .5 oz Northern Brewer pellet 60 minutes
2. .5 oz Goldings pellet 45 minutes
3. .75 oz Willamette pellet 15 minutes

OG: 1.060
FG: 1.012
IBU: 32

Has anyone tried this recipe above? Does it taste anything like BBC Steel Rail??

I'm looking for a clone too! Love this beer

thanks!

Love their beer! Steel Rail, Berkshire Ale, Raspberry Strong oh yes oh yes! Haven't seen or heard of any clone recipes but I'd be interested too!

These guys really do produce outstanding beers. Have you thought about asking them directly? If not an extract, perhaps an all-grain recipe that could be converted. It's worth a shot.

My wife met one of the founders last year a benefit beer tasting event I was unable to attend and came away with a good impression of their whole organization.

That's a great idea. They don't list the ingredients they use on their website so I always assumed they didn't want it to be so public. I visit the brewery a few times a year so next time ill ask!

I had actually emailed them trying to get ANY information at all that I could on the beer. Their answer to me = No Response.

Still looking if anyone has figured this out yet.

I emailed the brewery and other resources a few times, but to no avial!

Back