One of the Co-Founders of Bioware is Leaving to Make Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvp1

Reaction score
Bioware is my favourite video game company. I was sad to read yesterday that the two co-founders are both leaving to pursue other passions; while the quality of the company's games have been on a serious decline (especially) recently, I was pretty amused to see that Greg Zeschuk was leaving to focus on another passion: homebrew.

Some of you will be curious what I’ll be doing next, and I can state that I’m not going to be working in games for a while, and there’s a strong possibility that I won’t be back. After my departure I’m going to be spending significant time with family and friends, as well as pursuing some personal passion-driven projects related to craft beer. The main project I will be working on is a web-based interview show called The Beer Diaries where I interview notable brewers and showcase their beers. If things go well, I’ll work on other beer-related shows, apps and projects. If not, I’ll have drunk a lot of tasty beers and may be back in games or even something else completely different. Ultimately time will tell.

So... is Zeschuk on HBT yet?

I don't see Homebrew mentioned...

But I do believe Bioware does make the best games. Some have flaws, but I choose to blame EA for the flaws.

Sounds more like he's a fan of drinking craft beer. Nothing wrong with that, but there is no mention of him actually making his own beer.

I think he should He obviously enjoys craft beer and might even have plenty of time to fit a few batches in between interviews.

But I think he is looking to build on his hobbies of drinking craft beer and doing multimedia work.

Wish this could mean in the next Bioware game I play I can sit in a tavern and drink beer in the game. Oh wait, I already do that....

A few websites mentioned homebrew, though he never did specifically. But I'd consider most homebrew to be a type of craft beer. I can't imagine that you'd be passionate about craft beer and not make beer yourself. That's like being passionate about food and not cooking.

A few websites mentioned homebrew, though he never did specifically. But I'd consider most homebrew to be a type of craft beer. I can't imagine that you'd be passionate about craft beer and not make beer yourself. That's like being passionate about food and not cooking.

I talked to a few people in line to grab bottles of Founders CBS last year and most of them had no interest in brewing their own, even the ones who traveled around the country and world to drink craft beer. They were into the joy of drinking, not the drudgery of cooking and waiting.

There's a magazine I picked up in the grocery store the other day. I forget the name but it looked like a homebrewing mag, which surprised me. It might have even been called Craft Beer. Anyway, I perused it for a few minutes and there was not a single mention of homebrewing; it was about consuming craft beers.

So I draw a distinction between being passionate about beer -- even craft beer -- and liking or enjoying or being passionate about drinking beer. I think using "passionate" as a synonym for "like" is a misuse of the word.

Back