My first wheat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAREEBROWNBEEST

Reaction score
Looks delicious!! I have a here in the primary now and man I wish I'd use a blow off tube!! It was foaming out for almost two days!

Looks good, I have a wheat in my primary now. (northern brewers kit). Going to bottle 1/2 and make a radler out of the second 1/2.

Shooting for something similar to boulevards Ginger-lemon Radler.

I add 1lb. raw local honey in last 10 minutes of the boil. Adds slight aroma/flavor, increases fermentables. If you ferment over 70 degrees, you'll get more banana esters.

Hefe 2.jpg

Hefe 1.jpg

Thanks for the tip about the honey. I have a local bee keeper that has bomb honey, i will try this next brew.

I add 1lb. raw local honey in last 10 minutes of the boil. Adds slight aroma/flavor, increases fermentables. If you ferment over 70 degrees, you'll get more banana esters.

Looking at yours and mines color, they are very similar. I got 17-22 ozers. Ready to consume:)

I split mine between 12 and 22 oz. Bottles on my first batch, and realized that unless you're splitting the 22 with someone, you don't get the yeasty sediment at the bottom in your first draw from the bottle (unless you have a 22 oz glass). My next batch will be all 12s.

Ours do have very similar colors. And the taste is outta sight with the banana/honey combo!

I split mine between 12 and 22 oz. Bottles on my first batch, and realized that unless you're splitting the 22 with someone, you don't get the yeasty sediment at the bottom in your first draw from the bottle (unless you have a 22 oz glass). My next batch will be all 12s.

Ours do have very similar colors. And the taste is outta sight with the banana/honey combo!

To get the yeast sediment in your 22oz bombers on the first pour, lay the bottle on its side and roll it back and forth to stir up the yeast.

Oh cool, thanks. Glad you imparted some common sense to me. 22s make it a little easier to ship, since there's less items to wrap individually :)

My wit was at 1.074 SG and is at 1.014 now. I like it to go little farther but ill take a reading in another few days and then bottle. Tastes great from the hydrometer sample!!

Mine has another week or so to carbonate, I may have to crack a one-week tester to "make sure it's progressing well."

6 lbs. Maillard Malts Wheat LME (split addition (60/15 min.)
1 lb. Wheat DME (15 min.)
1 oz. Tettnang (60 min.)
1 lb. raw local honey (10 min.)
Wyeast 3068 (Weihenstephan Wheat)
Ferment between 66-72 degrees
OG. 1.049
FG. 1.012

:ban:

Back