March or Chugger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick1903

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The new Chuggers are said to be in, when I called. no online information, and cant find on ebay. starting to wonder about the quality of this operation, but would love that SS head.

Thoughts? should I bail and pick a HF march from MoreBeer?

I've got one SS chugger and one march. The chugger is a quiter pump, but otherwise they seem about the same. I think the operational temp of the march 809 is a little lower, but I could be wrong. Either way, I plan on buying a few more chuggers when they're available.

Talked with Mike the other day. The chuggers are in. Hit the website.

I broke my poly head last week at AHB teach a friend to brew. Thank god one of the guys had a spare. Called Chugger on Monday Mike helped me out. Swapped it out for the broken one no problems. When primed, it ran just fine. I ordered (2) tonight complete with stainless heads.

I won't go back to those damned poly ones.

BB

I am thinking about buying a second pump and have been considering one of the Chuggers. I have a Teel that I bought in 1995 or 96. It is a pretty good pump and is easily disassembled for cleaning, but it does not have a stainless steel housing.
DSC_0043.jpg

Back