Saving Beersmith recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought my hard drive was going to have to be wiped so I shot an email to BeerSmith asking if my code would work if I had to reload the program and if I could copy the recipes to another drive. He responded back right away with this:

Hello,
Yes on both counts - your key will work on reload, and if you export your critical files (recipes, ingredients, etc) you can reload them later. I recommend using the File Export command to export your recipes and then repeat this for your grains, equipment, hops, and other data you might want later.

Cheers!

Brad Smith

Yea I just do File>Export and make sure All Items is checked. Then I host it online. You could save it to a disk or usb drive, or email it to yourself to have it backed up online as well.

Another option that someone pointed out to me a while back...

If you copy the entire Brewsmith folder onto a USB drive, you can run the program from the thumb drive on any PC.

I upgraded vista to 7 without losing anything, but if you want to do a clean install don't forget your product key for beersmith! I'd just save the whole beersmith folder in program files.

More silly questions, sorry. I lost my code number :eek: Is there a way to have them email it to me? Also, I went on their website and couldn't find where to register if you already have a code.

Latest posts

Back