Gluten Free Graff?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditchbanker

Reaction score
Wife is a Celiac. I've been playing with ciders for about a year and would like to try something graff like. I was thinking of trying some Molasses. I'm not looking for ABV increases, just flavor/body increases. I think a lot of the Molasses flavor would leave, but I'm thinking of giving it a 1 gallon try just to see.

Any thoughts for additions other than malt extract?

When ever I have done honey, all the flavor is gone. With that said, I don't have the best palate but I don't taste any honey. Would expect the same for the molasses.

Thanks for the input. I read through the GF post and got a lot of information from it. I'm a little leery of trying sorghum, though. I've never had any homebrews with sorghum, but all of the commercial varieties I've tried are not my cup of tea. Then again, I'm not a big fan of several commercially available REGULAR beers, so maybe I'm being overly critical.

Also, my wife was never a beer drinker before she found out she was celiac, so there hasn't been a huge push for me to work on my gluten free brewing. She's pretty happy with my ciders and wines. I'd just like to try something new and it tends to go easier with a little support.

Latest posts

Back