Better Bottle Crate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the great feedback everyone.

modobrew, I'm not sure why you couldn't get to the site, I might have been trying to update the "About" page at the time you were checking it, but that shouldn't have prevented you.

Are you on a mobile device, or using linux? I haven't fully tested the site on either of those platforms so I might have some more to do after figuring out the About page. I'm finding that it's hard to write about yourself without sounding like a ******.

Thanks for checking out the site. I'll see if I can put together some of those Knock-Down kits and put them up on the site.

You def should. You can absolutely add them to the for sale thread. I wouldnt doubt if you got flooded with buyers, myself included. Lots of luck!

Yeah adamulm...under home brew market category theres a for sale category you can post a thread. That would be great

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind going into a little more detail on your chalk board identification solution. Did you use chalkboard paint on a thin piece of plastic, nailed to the mount plate? It looks like a reasonably decent solution and I have to come up with something to fix my problem.

Nice build, BTW. Puts these cheapies to shame. But at $4 a case and a need for 24+ cases, it's an economical and time based necessity.

beerbottleproblem.jpg

Yeah, that's a lot of crates!

I used chalkboard paint on MDF, then nailed it to the crate. Nailing the MDF to the crate was for effect, not economy.
If you're looking for economical, I would just hit the bottom rail of your crates with chalkboard paint.

Thanks for the kudos.

I've had several people purchase the plans, has anyone built some crates with the plans? I'd love to see how they turned out.

These look great, but I have one question, are they measured out for the stubby bottles or the taller, skinnier bottles? I have kept both styles of bottles and prefer the stubby ones.

The crates are designed for long neck bottles. I too like the stubby ones, but I tend to have a lot more long neck bottles than short ones. I could adapt the plan to the short bottles if you really want it. It should just be a change in the dimensions. Just email me through my website and I'll tackle it for you!

Thanks

Back