Converting single gauge regulator to dual gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLWIII

Reaction score
The family dog (God love her) knocked my CO2 tank over resulting in the high side regulator being dented, bent, broke, kaput. Luckily, no leaks. This got me to thinking about going with a dual gauge regulator since some repair costs are in the future now and I have been wanting to upgrade to a dual anyway.

Instead of spending money on a whole new dual set-up is it possible to remove the broken dial and just add another single gauge regulator to the existing one, thereby making it a dual gauge, or are the dual gauges specially designed not to be able to do what I want?

Yes you can. Buy another high pressure regulator. Then you need to get the connector for between them. Its made of brass like the rest of the regs to handle the high pressure. You will need to replace the guage only if the new one doesnt have one (assuming it was the high pressure guage that is bad).

On the high pressure side, some regulator bodies are left hand thread. It should be marked if it is, so make sure you get the correct threaded gauge and or second body, and the correct nipple to join them. I just did this myself last week.

Back