Hoses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegionalChaos

Reaction score
As I upgrade my brewing process, I'm realizing its time to start getting some good hoses. What are people using? I've been searching the forum, but not finding an explicit answer. My immediate need is going to be from the BK to a CFC, then beyond the CFC to ferment vessel. I see reference to Silicone hoses, but I imagine there are a lot of different kinds on the market...

Austin Homebrew sells Silicone and Thermoplastic hoses. So I guess those are the ones I'm looking for. Rated for high temp.. Siphon and Racking hoses are a lot cheaper and I tend to replace those once they get stained. Kinda move them through the brewery progressively, ending life as a run off tube. How long can people use Silicone and Thermoplastic without replacing? All I want them for right now is to xfer hot wort to a chiller, and from the chiller to a carboy.

Back