Brewers Best Extract Yeast Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
I don't have the kit in front of me as my friend is bringing it over in about an hour but wanted to ask a quick question regarding the yeast specifically from Brewers Best.

We are doing an English Brown Ale for our first ever batch. The kit has been in his trunk for 24 hours with outside temps ranging from 25-35 degrees.

Is it not a good idea to start our brew today with the yest being held at those temps for a full day? Should I put them back at room temperature for 24 hours before doing a batch and is there anything else I should do with it to make sure it's "active"?

Thanks - I'm going to hate it if now I find out from you all we cant do a batch today :confused::(

Well they are most likely a dry yeast pack. Dont worry about the temp that is a problem with liquid yeast. What I did for my dry yeast pack was bring two cups of water to a boil and let it cool to 100F then threw the dry yeast in there for about 10 minutes to "activate it" then I poured that into my primary at 70F. Do this as you are cooling your wort. My primary started fermenting in four hours.

My first homebrew was brewers best scotch ale and it came with dry yeast so I dont think you will have a problem. I just threw it in the five gallons at 70 degrees and it came out great.

Latest posts

Back