Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somerville

Reaction score
My tube that connects to the bottling bucket is exactly the same width as the spigot. In the past I've tried to stretch it over the spigot but it has never worked. For my past two brews I've been forced to tape it. This worked but there were always a couple of drips (leakage). Anyone ever experience this? Any resolutions besides buying another tube? Thanks

Dip the end of that tubing in some very hot water (boiling?) . . . then it should be soft and pliable enough to get it over the spigot.

Good luck getting it off.

boiling it would work, but it will definitely be hard to remove...but since tubing is about 35 cents a foot, it might be easier to just splurge and get some tubing that fits...

Those are good ideas. Its not really about the price. My HBS is alittle ways away and I don't really have time to go there with work and all. I've been ordering my supplies off of morebeer.com and I totally forgot to add the tubing. I'm going to try that hot water thing. The worse that could happen would be slicing it off and THEN buying more tubing haha. Thanks

Hardware stores usually carry vinyl tubing in various sizes (quiote possibly for less than your LHBS).

cweston said:
Hardware stores usually carry vinyl tubing in various sizes (quiote possibly for less than your LHBS).
yeah, i actually bought 10 feet of 3/8ID food grade for $2.29 at home depot last night....
i was at the HBS earlier yesterday and bought 5 feet of the same stuff for $2.25....

no more buying tubing at the HBS...HD has better hours and better prices...

What size was the original tubing? I would think 3/8" would be too big. I use 5/16" tubing for my "Ale Pail" bottling bucket. I jsut squeeze the end of the tube to try and stretch it out. once you get it on the spigot once, the next time won't be as bad.

The boiling water trick works all the time.. I have had to do that on every connection in my kegerator as well as with my tubing for racking... good idea about looking at HomeDepot... I'll have to check that out..

Jester

Latest posts

Back