Your Christmas List!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwndabear

Reaction score
It's about that time of year. Post what you want for christmas! And critique lists too.

I just bought a nice keggle but i find now that I am doing full boils, ice baths just aren't cutting it for me. I need a plate chiller and pump!

For chillers:
Blichmann Therminator - $199.00
Shirron Plate Chiller - $99.99
B3-23A 20 Plate Long Wort Chiller - $99.95

I'm looking at both price and quality. The Therminator is obviously the way to go here but for $200, its a bit pricey. Anyone have any suggestions on wort chillers that I did not list?
*edit* - Someone mentioned rebel brewer. Looks like the Chillhog 4000 - $119.95 is the way to go!

to use a wort chiller, you also should have a pump to run the wort through, right? So I was looking at this too (doesnt seem like theres anything else out there for what im looking for)

March 809HS-PL Pump - $139.95

Of course I will also need fittings and such for everything but if anyone has any suggestions on places to go for prices/quality, let me know.

POST YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS LISTS!!! What kind of gadgets will complete your setup? Anything you want to splurge on?

Yep, I'm working on one of these.

I'm making the jump to all grain, so I'm needing to improve my basic setup. My list includes:

Bayou Classic SQ14 propane burner
40+ quart stainless steel brewpot
10 gallon rectangular cooler
items needed for DIY conversion of said cooler

Wish List:

Barley Crusher w/15lb hopper
7 cuft chest freezer for fermenting/lagering
15gallon kettle (want to replace keggles as they're heavy and European (50L=13gal rather than 15.6gal)

I am going to shoot a little higher and ask Santa for a fully equipped brew shed with bar included.

All automated electric ten gallon size.

10 taps fed from a walk in cooler.

Temperature controlled fermentation for several lagers and ales at a time.

60 inch flat screen TV included, pool table and maybe even a hot tub.

I have a HERMS Coil coming from Stainless Brewing.

Thinking about asking for a Plate Chiller and selling my CFC cheap. The CFC works fine, but the PC is smaller and I can mount on my brew stand when it's time. Plus, I can sterilize in the oven, so that's nice.

I think I'm pretty well set up otherwise. Still a few odds and ends to do for the ERHERMS system, but I have most of the parts, and I don't think I could trust the SO to buy the right parts if I put it on a list...

Well, first I'm telling people not to buy me presents and instead contribute to the kickstarter, but what I really want is:

A new refractometer and finishing gravity hydrometer
A 3-tap tower for my keezer
A large vacuum sealer for hops and other stuff
A bigass plate chiller from Dudadiesel and a pump to run it

(All stuff I can use at home and then take over to the brewery)

A whole mess of stainless camlocks to replace some poly qd's I've had for a while and a Barley Crusher with 15lb. hopper.

All I need/want is a 7.0 or larger chest freezer for cold keg conditioning at least 4 kegs..
And More friends to come over and drink my beers also..15 gallons goes pretty slow with only 2 people drinking....
Igotsand

Right now all I want is a brand new 5 gallon Italian made keg from Kegconnection. Other smaller things might make the list yet.

I made it easy with website, model#, description and prices.

image-2844642649.jpg

Well if budget were no issue, I want Santa to bring me a '32 ford highboy roadster with a hot blonde seat cover.
It should have a built flathead ( the car, not the blonde ).

Since that probably isn't going to happen I may shop for a new rifle and wrap it up for myself.

I am going to shoot a little higher and ask Santa for a fully equipped brew shed with bar included.

All automated electric ten gallon size.

10 taps fed from a walk in cooler.

Temperature controlled fermentation for several lagers and ales at a time.

60 inch flat screen TV included, pool table and maybe even a hot tub.

Please document this.

I'm contemplating the new hops book and a few other brewing books.
Membership to the local brewing club.
Some more grains.
Supplies to rebuild my hop garden over the winter.
Considering a food saver.

I guess I am just not that needy this year. I will probably be using more of my Christmas gifts to outfit my future business since those small office purchases can really add up.

I'm contemplating the new hops book ......

What hops book would you recommend?
I've picked up "yeast" and have been reading that since they are harder for me to just understand without reading a bit, but I've also wanted to expand my knowledge of hops, hop usage, hop growing and storing.

I've pretty much been on the smell, taste and experiment basis with hops, but would like to build on established knowledge a bit if I could.

I think 'Santa' is going to get me another case of 1L flip tops since I'm too cheap to buy them new and Berliner Weisse season comes sooner than you think.

Better that I post my list here......I wouldn't want you all to get me the same thing.;););)

I'm hoping for a refractometer, ph meter, Radical Brewing book, or a subscription to BYO. Maybe a 7 cu ft freezer for lagering:)

Eric

I'm looking at selling off the project car that's been taking up half of my garage and not been worked on in over 6 years. Bright side is this will put some cash in my pocket and give me floor space to have a brewery. Trying to justify the cost of electric to myself. Either way, my Xmas list will include some stainless kettles.

Beer-wise, I'd be happy with a couple 10 gallon coolers and some fittings to jump to all grain brewing. Oh, and a grain mill. And a stir plate with ginormous Erlenmeyer flask. Maybe a conical and a nice old fridge to use as a fermentation chamber.

Also:
A PSA receiver and a handful of 30 round mags;
An imported Rubicon Unlimited of the TDI variety;
Several more cases of .30-06 Springfield and/or .41 Short;
A Mystery Ranch Wolf Alpha;
A partnership track job with a nice, midsize firm in the LA area focusing on commercial practice. Or a federal clerkship.

Trying not to ask for too much this year...

I'm asking for a stout faucet and nitro regulator this year. :)

I have to revise my list. Kegonnection's sweet Black Friday sale allowed me to check this off my list a bit early.

I'll definitely be asking for a new hydrometer since mine rolled off the counter last week. And a stand, too... definitely a hydrometer stand. :D

The only thing that really stands out that I'd like is a Blichmann Tower of Power. Actually, not the whole tower with the stand and everything, just the controller, probes, and ignition system for my burner. I already have a place to mount it, so the stand-alone tower is rather superfluous.

i have the bad habit of buying my own christmas/birthday presents in the days leading up to the events...

my wonderful girlfriend had leaked that she wants to do a nitrogen setup for our beautiful kegerator for christmas, the only reason she's asking is because she knows i can be particular about some things and wants to make sure she gets it perfect. i guess i've got to keep her around for a little bit haha

To the op.. check out chugger pumps. They're about 160 shipped and have good reviews. I'm getting 2 for my single tier system the I built a month ago. Happy homebrewing!

i have the bad habit of buying my own christmas/birthday presents in the days leading up to the events...

my wonderful girlfriend had leaked that she wants to do a nitrogen setup for our beautiful kegerator for christmas, the only reason she's asking is because she knows i can be particular about some things and wants to make sure she gets it perfect. i guess i've got to keep her around for a little bit haha

swmbo.
my god would i obey her.

- going to buy or build a IC
- really thinking hard about 2 keg kegging system either with 2 party taps or convert my fridge to kegerator.

I just picked up 1.5 lbs of pellet hops, and a 7 cuft ge freezer yesterday... The internet makes it too easy to buy my own gifts... The upside is the freezer was 153 delivered and set up, and the hops were 11 for a pound of Apollo and 8 for a half pound of cascade, plus 5 dollars shipping.

I've picked up quite a bit of gear over the past few months (including 2 $15 Better Bottles on Black Friday), so the only thing I'm asking for is either an AHA membership or a Michigan Brewer's Guild membership. :)

Finally got around to starting my list this morning.
From Midwest;
1) Fermtech Blast bottle & carboy washer$10.49 has provision for tubing wash. Prod# 6505
2) SS Graduated dipper,$11.99,prod# 6342
3) Dial Thermometer,$6.77 marked down,prod# 6425
4) a vaccum sealer for hops,grains,& such
5) One of those digital temp probe things from radio shack I see the bbq pit boys using. Or maybe a nice pocket digital thermometer like I see y'all using.
That's about it for now...:ban:

Back