What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, seems like the best bet, especially because they keep sending me coupons since I made it to the cart and didn't check out. I might wait a couple more days and see if it goes down anymore. Trades with Mark are always good!

View attachment 151645

Critical Anxious from Tired Hands! Thanks a ton Mark. I've really been looking forward to this one.

And??

It's freakin good. I have a hard time believing he didn't use WLP072 in this instead of his saison strain. I'll have to make sure I don't tell my friend who has the blowout tastinsg about this. He's a big TH fan and an absolute freak for beers with flowers in them. No way a big growler of this was going to make it until I go down to Knox next weekend. In fact, between me and the mrs I really doubt it's going to make it through dinner. I better get some homebrew in the fridge so I don't kill multiple growlers tonight. Might have to take the ESD on our hike tomorrow, seems like the perfect beer for a picnic with a view.

Decided now's as good a time as any to break out the stein. Had told myself it was for special occasions. Then said flocc it.

1380759597544[1].jpg

20131002_202122[1].jpg

Hanssens Oudbeitje. SUPER funky. Possibly the most funky smelling beer I've ever had. Hardly and strawberry in the nose but it definitely comes through in the taste. Great stuff

It's freakin good. I have a hard time believing he didn't use WLP072 in this instead of his saison strain. I'll have to make sure I don't tell my friend who has the blowout tastinsg about this. He's a big TH fan and an absolute freak for beers with flowers in them. No way a big growler of this was going to make it until I go down to Knox next weekend. In fact, between me and the mrs I really doubt it's going to make it through dinner. I better get some homebrew in the fridge so I don't kill multiple growlers tonight. Might have to take the ESD on our hike tomorrow, seems like the perfect beer for a picnic with a view.

Glad you both are enjoying it! I was going to get you some Lizard Queen but figured you'd rather have some more ESD instead ;)

BTW - did those growlers leak much/at all?

gometz said:
St Arnold's Icon: Biere de Saison

Not bad, not sure how fresh it is.

The Icon series has been pretty good the icon red and Gold were the best.

Glad you both are enjoying it! I was going to get you some Lizard Queen but figured you'd rather have some more ESD instead ;)

BTW - did those growlers leak much/at all?

Just a little seepage, much better than if the growler had broken! I've got no idea what it's called, but there is clear stretchy non adhesive tape someone wrapped yeast vials lids in that looks good. Electrical tape is also a good choice. I've got my fingers crossed the SCOBYs I send out yesterday make it where they are going. I send some jelly jars with brett in them too I'm a little worried about.

Yeah, really glad you sent the ESD. One of the best saisons I've ever had. Critical Anxious is really good. Loving it to.

Just a little seepage, much better than if the growler had broken! I've got no idea what it's called, but there is clear stretchy non adhesive tape someone wrapped yeast vials lids in that looks good. Electrical tape is also a good choice. I've got my fingers crossed the SCOBYs I send out yesterday make it where they are going. I send some jelly jars with brett in them too I'm a little worried about.

Yeah, really glad you sent the ESD. One of the best saisons I've ever had. Critical Anxious is really good. Loving it to.

Teflon tape

The Icon series has been pretty good the icon red and Gold were the best.

I only tried the Green and now the Gold.

I really prefer dry DuPont style saisons. This one was too heavy and overbearing for me. Then again I know about how important mood and situation are for beer and me and I was tired and needed a quick drink to relax.

I have absolutely made myself drunk on my belgian trippels. I'm completely drunk and am having difficulty typing this post.

Good beer... but I must stop drinking it. I need water.... need to sober up a bit.

I wish you could see how I'm typing this. I think it's funny as a matter of fact. I have to concentrate on each character as I'm typing.

Pedernales Hefeweizen

Much better than I had expected. I tried their Lobo beers and thought they were alright, but Hefe's seem to be where everyone falls flat in America. It's not as good as a real German Hefe, but very nice and simple.
2013-10-02%2019.57.52.jpg

TNGabe said:
Just a little seepage, ...Electrical tape is also a good choice. .

How were the ones I sent you? I went with the ugly electrical tape method. First time I shipped growlers and I was nervous about it...

gometz said:
I only tried the Green and now the Gold.

I really prefer dry DuPont style saisons. This one was too heavy and overbearing for me. Then again I know about how important mood and situation are for beer and me and I was tired and needed a quick drink to relax.

Well it was very high abv for a saison. More like a Belgian quad then a saison. But still quite good.

All this narwhal talk had me going after the four pack in my fridge. Surprisingly little head on the pour, definitely a bit boozy and because of that I feel like all that flavorful malt is just getting covered up. Very little of the cocoa/coffee to me and I'd almost swear there was a little bit of astringency to it. Probably let the other sit for a while and come back to it but overall I'm kind of disappointed

ForumRunner_20131002_182258.png

All this narwhal talk had me going after the four pack in my fridge. Surprisingly little head on the pour, definitely a bit boozy and because of that I feel like all that flavorful malt is just getting covered up. Very little of the cocoa/coffee to me and I'd almost swear there was a little bit of astringency to it. Probably let the other sit for a while and come back to it but overall I'm kind of disappointed

Put those away until next year ... You'll be happy you did. :)

Teflon tape

Maybe. This wasn't like the white stuff for pipes, but clear and wider. Gah, started looking at lab stuff on Amazon for a minute. That's a no-no. Gives me the wantsies.

How were the ones I sent you? I went with the ugly electrical tape method. First time I shipped growlers and I was nervous about it...

They were fine. Got a little nervous when I saw the outside box all dented up, then I realized there was an inside box and you'd gone with the 'egg drop' method. Don't know if anyone else did an egg drop comp in HS physics...Almost busted out the glass tonight, but I think I'm saving it for the matching beer.

Well it was very high abv for a saison. More like a Belgian quad then a saison. But still quite good.

That is what my brain was telling me, but I don't know enough about Belgian beers to find the right words. I am not a huge fan of Quads but it was still good.

TNGabe said:
.They were fine. Got a little nervous when I saw the outside box all dented up, then I realized there was an inside box and you'd gone with the 'egg drop' method. Don't know if anyone else did an egg drop comp in HS physics...Almost busted out the glass tonight, but I think I'm saving it for the matching beer.

Haha, I did do an egg drop comp in school. Didn't think of that, but that's funny.

On topic; finishing up the Six

image-1744876757.jpg

This was recommended by my new co-workers at the package store. Wasn't sure about it because I've tried beer from the area before and had a bad experience. That and the $2 price tag kind of made me leary. But I've got to say it's damn good. There's a note of licorice that caught me off guard, but once I got over it it's turned out to be very enjoyable.

Untitled by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Back