Firestone Double Jack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddO

Reaction score
Searched for another thread and could not fine one. Picked up a bomber ($8+) at their Beulton tasting room after coming through for the holidays. Union Jack is probably my favorite IPA around so I was giddy to try the double. WOW! Would have to say that it is the best beer I have ever had. Ridiculous! Heaven in a bottle. I think the official release is soon. Have anyone else tried??

Searched for another thread and could not fine one. Picked up a bomber ($8+) at their Beulton tasting room after coming through for the holidays. Union Jack is probably my favorite IPA around so I was giddy to try the double. WOW! Would have to say that it is the best beer I have ever had. Ridiculous! Heaven in a bottle. I think the official release is soon. Have anyone else tried??

It's one of the best beers I've ever had.

Same. I had it on tap a couple of weeks ago. It was absolutely delicious.

I had on for the first time on tap at the brewery about 6 months ago.. I have a bottle now that I'll probably drink this weekend.
I love me some Union Jack, and Double Jack is, well, twice the kick in the face! Amazing beer.

This is an ancient thread but I thought I'd dig it up as I'm also a huge fan of this beer... I've found two AG recipes for the beer:

1. http://hopville.com/recipe/809383/home-brew/firestone-walker-double-jack-all-grain-clone

2. http://www.beerformulator.com/RecipeView.php?RecipeID=71

They are fairly different both in hopping and in malt percentages, I'm not familiar with "Simpson's Light Crystal" but I'm guessing Crystal 20 is pretty similar.

Anyone have a recipe they have used and found close to the real deal?

I guess I'll be the sole decenter. I thought it was just ok, light on the nose, slightly too alcoholy. Definitely a well made beer, but doesn't even make my top 10 for IPA/IIPAs.

I guess I'll be the sole decenter. I thought it was just ok, light on the nose, slightly too alcoholy. Definitely a well made beer, but doesn't even make my top 10 for IPA/IIPAs.

Musta landed an older/mishandled bottle friend. The nose on this beer is explosive when fresh.

I'm in Wisconsin, found a bomber in Illinois. Totally surprised me so I got it and it was awesome. I only knew about Firestone because my Dad lives in Cental Calif and drinks their beer.

my local growler filling station always has this in rotation. they call my cell phone whenever they tap a keg. absolutely the best beer i have ever had.. thanks for the recipes above i will definitely try them.

Probably my favorite DIPA (and I regularly have Pliny available). Its a tough call between this and Kern River Citra DIPA.

Back