samichlaus attempt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdb185

Reaction score
been a while since i posted, but i'm looking for some opinions. ive done several AG batches now and i'm fairly confident in what i've done so far. but as far as sparging goes, all i've done thus far is a double batch sparge in my igloo ice cube cooler (works fantastic). it's about time to brew up another batch and i've found that AHS has a samichlaus recipe that, with the AG option, is about the same price as the others i was looking at. i am curious if anyone would have any reservations about trying this recipe using the basic double batch sparge method.

i seem to remember someone saying that the huge grain bill (25.5lb) would need to be step mashed. is that necessary for the style or something? i haven't brewed in quite a while and i've forgot a lot of what i had learned on here. does anyone see any reason why a double batch sparge wouldn't work well with this recipe? any recommendations on sparge temps or times?

Back