• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stainless Steel Bulkheads 1/2" NPT internal threads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Pickles, Noob here just setting up. Love to get 6 of these after pricing similar through McMaster. Paypal today if that suits you.

Cheers!

Yeah, a comparable one from McMaster-Carr will run you $95 each (Item # 6696K59); actually theirs has only a max wall thickness of 3/8". Not that it really matters for most all of our applications.

Quite a few people have contacted me expressing interest in some of these; I just wanted to let you guys know I'm down to less than half of them left.

Hey Pickles- how many of these do you have left? I might be interested in a couple more, and I have a buddy who might want a few. I can pick up locally again for all of them.

Thanks!!!

Was about to place an order at BF when I saw this ad.
Not a big DIY'er...so thanks in advance for the help! I am confused why McMstr wants such a high price for something that seems so similar to the inexpensive weldless bulkheads on the brewing supply sites. Can someone explain the difference?

I just bought 3 blingmanns and want to add return line bulkheads. Are these overkill for that purpose? or a crazy good deal? i suspect just a QD external, and something Wayne (BF's) makes for recirculation interior...

These are from surplus medical equipment so they are machined to tight tolerences from solid pieces of 316 stainless steel. A lot of the cheap ones are made from 304 SS and usually cast. The 316 SS and quality of construction make them perfect for industrial and medical application, for our purposes 304 is sufficient. These are certainly good enough to use as bulkheads on your kettles. As for the price, it is a crazy good deal for these specific bulkheads. I got them at a good price and am passing it along to fellow HBT'ers.

Thanks for the quick shipping and great packaging. The bulkheads came in and they are of great quality. Trying to drill my holes now for them, but it is going slow... :drunk:

Slow speed, high pressure and lube on stainless or you will harden the ss and then it's really tough to drill.

Thanks for the quick shipping and great packaging. The bulkheads came in and they are of great quality. Trying to drill my holes now for them, but it is going slow... :drunk:

yea, fixed now - sorry about that. Stupid having a limit of 5 and sent saved on by default :eek:

I suppose I could pay soon and fix that.

Also, freaked me out seeing your friend here is "lehr" - made me double take.

Pickles, do you have any left? Would like to pick up a few local if possible. I'm in the Dublin and UA areas daily. PM me and see if we can work something out. Looking for 4. Thanks

Pickles:
I'm using mine in a configuration where I plan for the fitting to be able to rotate. The seals with the bulkheads are a little big for this. While they are sized for the 3/4" threads, where they sit in the groove made for the seals, they are a little loose, so when I try to rotate the fitting, it bulges out on one side. Pics of my configuration are here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/stainless-ic-whirlpool-additions-my-brew-kettle-cheap-182324/
Can you give me a part # or any other info for the BUNA seals so that I can try to find a smaller one? Or advice for retaining the seal? This should not be a problem for a static bulkheads.
Looking at McMaster Carr, i was thinking this might do the trick, although they are only sold in packs of 100 part #4061T234
http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.AS...DtlLink&fasttrack=False&searchstring=4061T234

I'm onmy wayhome from vacation at the momoent. Ill be home about
9pm and will get the info off of the packaging.

It seems I would need something tighter than the black seals but thicker than the red silicone seals. I found a few other options that come in smaller quantities.

Just want to publicly thank pickles for sending me a new nut for the bulkheads I bought from him. One was damaged upon receiving and he replaced it at no charge. You are a stand-up guy. Thanks.

+Sorry guys, It's a 215 Buna-N o-ring. That means the inside diameter is 1-1/16" ID.

Troubs - I have a few left.

I just found Oringsandmore.com yesterday from one of Bobby_M's posts and they have the best prices around and cheap shipping. O-ring #'s are standardized so they are easy to cross reference.

Latest posts

Back