Line lengths for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dood56

Reaction score
Well, I think I have everything all set for my keezer. I have the collar attached, the secondary pressure gauge mounted, and shanks and taps installed. I got the temperature controller mounted and I am allowing the weather seal caulk to dry before flipping the on switch. I have measured out my beer lines to ten feet. What I hope is my last question is, how long should the gas lines be? I would assume long enough to move comfortably, but wanted to be sure. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks to all who have helped thus far. Pics to come!

There are carbonation/line balancing charts out there, but the short answer is it depends on the volumes of co2 you want, and the temperature of the beer. Line length is important to keep the beer from foaming. At ten feet, you'll probably be fine. You may have a slower pour, but the beer won't foam on you.

I'll see if I can find the link to a good line balancing/carbonation chart.

I think his question was more about gas line lengths Yooper. With my experience, I wouldn't think the length of the gas lines would have any effect. Just make them long enough to reach all your kegs and you'll be fine.

I think his question was more about gas line lengths Yooper. With my experience, I wouldn't think the length of the gas lines would have any effect. Just make them long enough to reach all your kegs and you'll be fine.

I was looking for the other post with the chart just like Yooper. Woops, guess I didn't read it quite carefully enough.

I agree with you, length of gas lines don't matter. I'd go longer instead of shorter. It is easier to cut more, than uncut...

Oh, sorry! I totally misunderstood. As the others said, the gas line length doesn't matter. The only right answer is "long enough to reach the kegs from the regulator".

Thanks everyone. I have a good carb chart already. I plan on brewing a variety of beers, so I will stay with the 10 feet until I settle down and find the style I personally prefer.

You don't need 10 feet for the gas line. the length doesn't matter at all. Now as for the beer lines... I have 5mm lines (3/16) and I use a litle over 8 feet of beer lines per tap.

I don't know how many kegs you'll have, but I purchased a packet of colored electrician's tape and wrapped the end of each beer and gas line. Makes it easy to match tap to keg to gas manifold valve.

I don't know how many kegs you'll have, but I purchased a packet of colored electrician's tape and wrapped the end of each beer and gas line. Makes it easy to match tap to keg to gas manifold valve.
+1 I did a similar thing but just used a Sharpie (black and silver Sharpies). No dot, one dot, two dots, etc.

Latest posts

Back