more than 200 grolsch bottles for $100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newfie

Reaction score
responded to an add in the classifieds today and guy said $100 takes em all. At least 200!!! gloat ... gloat... :rockin:

ps
anyone wanna buy a capper

After buying another case today, I now have enough 16 oz flip tops to have 15 gallons bottled, WOOHOO :rockin:

puravida286 said:
Are Grolsch bottles just as efficient as capped bottles? They sure look easier

there work very well. my first batch was in flip top bottles and capped bottles. both equally carbonated and holding their carbonation.

the grommets on the flip tops just need replacing every 4-6, some people say 6-8 brews.

fortunately they were all empty. That way I didn't have to waste my time pouring out the grolsh. its nasty stuff. so, yeah the flip caps are a charm. makes bottling a cinch. I have grolsh bottles for 4 brews, 22 ounce brown beer bottles for 1 brew, and 500 ml pet for a brew. grolshes and pets are the fastest and easiest.
right on
newf

I'm jealous. Flip-tops are wonderful. 1-gal flip-top growlers are where it's at though...but I don't have any :(

BrewStef said:
Grolsch - Isn't that "yuck" in a foreign language?

I saw Grolsch Amber Ale in the store the other day for the first time. Not too bad either. I'd definitely buy it again. Much better than the regular (or the flat dark that I once tried).

It comes in clear bottles though so I had to dig to the back of the cooler to get my sixer. :)

fezzman said:
It comes in clear bottles though so I had to dig to the back of the cooler to get my sixer. :)

Clear isn't much worse than green.

I love the fact that grolsch comes in the flippies, but... damnit... can't they put them in brown bottles?! I'll use 12 oz brown crown cap bottles before I use green flippies.

Convenience is great, but I prefer to protect my beer. :)

-walker

i had some plywood kicken around, so i made up some boxes.
beerstorage.JPG

olllllo said:
I picked up Brown glass Grolsh swingtop at a rummage sale. How common is that (brown not green)?

All my fliptops are brown. Think I have 23 of them. A few even say Grolsh on them because they're so old. Fischer's is the way to go for flip-tops. Beer tastes 1000x better than Grolsch and it leaves you with a 24oz flip top when ya finish.

Back