Need Some in a month

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liquidicem

I love lamp!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to get something on tap in 1 month. I'm hosting a bachelor party and didn't think ahead enough to check my kegs until last night. Everything but my 9/9/9 is nearly cashed.

I'm looking for something that I can brew this weekend and have ready to go. Maybe a Hefe? I'm not sure. Any suggestion on a beer that drinks well young? This will be a pretty BMC crowd and I will probably have a keg of some BMC to appease the masses but I want to show off some home brew as well. The grooms beer of choice is Busch Lite (or Blue Yummies as he refers to them :confused: )

First - anyone who refers to their beverage of choice as "blu yummies" needs a slap to the face and a shot of cheap whiskey. Get that man together... yeesh!

Second - brew a mild, or a wheat beer. An American wheat would probably be a good choice. Pitch a HUGE starter, like a one gallon starter, and decant the spent starter wort. Start that starter NOW.

I'm looking to get something on tap in 1 month. I'm hosting a bachelor party and didn't think ahead enough to check my kegs until last night. Everything but my 9/9/9 is nearly cashed.

I'm looking for something that I can brew this weekend and have ready to go. Maybe a Hefe? I'm not sure. Any suggestion on a beer that drinks well young? This will be a pretty BMC crowd and I will probably have a keg of some BMC to appease the masses but I want to show off some home brew as well. The grooms beer of choice is Busch Lite (or Blue Yummies as he refers to them :confused: )

Go here and then down to "Speed Brewing." Basically, do something with an OG of about 1.040, use a clean yeast that can withstand 70-75F without making too many off flavors and that flocculates very well (I think the guy uses nottingham), and pitch twice the amount of yeast as normal. This guy made a beer from grain to glass in exactly 1 week, and supposedly it was good.

If you are kegging, a Weizen can easily be done in 3 weeks. You do not even have to take any short cuts. You will need to brew like this weekend.

Biermuincher's centennial blonde is always a good choice. Generally appeases the BMC'ers. I'm a big fan of the milds, brown or scottish, but doesn't sound like it would be a crowd favorite in said circle.

If you are kegging, you have a lot of options IMO. Nothing over 6% probably, and nothing overly hoppy or roasty. So no big beers, not IPA's, no stouts or porters, but pretty much anything else is game. 3 week primary and then a week in the keg to carb up. As long as you keep the alcohol in check and don't go crazy with the hops, you can brew all sorts of different stuff.

If you are kegging, a Weizen can easily be done in 3 weeks. You do not even have to take any short cuts. You will need to brew like this weekend.

I'm leaning this route after looking over Ed's Bavarian Hefe recipe. I mighth ave to make a stop by NB on the way home today to pick up some yeast and get that starter going tonight.

+1 on wanting to slap the groom for calling ANYTHING a "blue yummy." :D

J/k, like others have said, since you keg, and if you pitch a large amount of yeast you should be able to pull of any reasonably graved ale.

I'm leaning this route after looking over Ed's Bavarian Hefe recipe. I mighth ave to make a stop by NB on the way home today to pick up some yeast and get that starter going tonight.

It's a really good beer. Ferment as close to 62*F as you can get so it isn't totally bananas and you won't be disappointed.

Orfy's Mild Mannered Ale, BM's Cream of Three Crops, a lower OG dry stout or an American Wheat

All should be more than ready in a month, especially if you force carb

This is a really tasty red that even if it's at 1.060, if you pitched a large amount of yeast may be able to pull off in the time you got.

My version as it shows in the thread had to sub some ingrients and it still came out great, so the original should be better.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/mojave-red-112308/

I'm really digging my version of it, but becasue of too much aromatic I don't think "beer muggles" would like it, especially those who "chase the blue yummy." If you know what I mean. :D

I'm tihnkin English Mild for time frame but probably not to crowd's liking. I did a scottish 60/ that was pretty lite and the BMC drinking friends that tried both enjoyed it. It's a fairly light , but not BMC offering without being too dark to scare them.

Back