Best beer with a McDonald's McRib sandwich?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like McDonalds McRib?

• Love It

• It's ok

• Can't stand it

Results are only viewable after voting.

PupThePup

Reaction score
I love McDonalds McRib sandwich!

I know it's made of pig guts and chemicals and so unhealthy for you that after eating one you might drop dead of a heart attack, but dang they are good!

With pickles and onions, lathered with BBQ sauce, mmmmMMMMMMmmmm!

I like to pick up a couple McRibs and have a couple of my Citrus Lite Beers.

Heaven on Earth!

Who else likes McRibs and what beer would you drink with it (commercial or homebrew)!

(Yes, I know, your moms, your neighbors, your grandmas and your buddies BBQ ribs are better than the McRib, but we won't discuss that here.)

@Denny - Yup, before I started homebrewing, an ice cold Bud, Miller or Corona were first choices with my McRibs!

I have never eaten a McRib before. However, I have eaten the "BBQ pork rib meat patty" MRE many times deployed to Iraq. I will say something light, like PBR or bud.

I love McRibs. Although I did not pair these I would say the rochefort 10 I had today would pair nicely with the two McRibs I had on Sunday.

milesvdustin said:
I have never eaten a McRib before. However, I have eaten the "BBQ pork rib meat patty" MRE many times deployed to Iraq. I will say something light, like PBR or bud.

For some reason I have always loved the McRib. But I can't stand the rib patties in MREs. There's a huge difference between the two patties.

As far as what to pair it with, how about "The Banquet Beer"

For some reason I have always loved the McRib. But I can't stand the rib patties in MREs. There's a huge difference between the two patties.

As far as what to pair it with, how about "The Banquet Beer"

The BBQ patty MRE isn't awful only because it's on the order of 2000 calories of fat and sugar.

BBQ Patty MRE > Omelet MRE > McRib

It has to be PBR or High Life something that is drinkable but don't waste a a good brew with it. BTW McRibs are OK and so is PBR but they aren't great which is why I put them together.

The BBQ patty MRE isn't awful only because it's on the order of 2000 calories of fat and sugar.

BBQ Patty MRE > Omelet MRE > McRib

I hope you aren't implying that the omelet MRE is better than the BBQ patty MRE? Because the omelet is the one thing I could never eat out of any of them. Chicken with salsa was my jam....

Or are you comparing calorie content?

I hope you aren't implying that the omelet MRE is better than the BBQ patty MRE? Because the omelet is the one thing I could never eat out of any of them. Chicken with salsa was my jam....

Certainly not. I am saying I'd rather eat the Omelet MRE than a McRib though.

Salsa Chicken was the first MRE I was ever issued, 6 weeks into BMT. Nobody knew which were the good ones and which were bad. I thought I got hosed unitl I started digging in. Every MRE after has been judged against the Salsa Chicken, and they all pale in comparison.

Pot Roast was good.
Sloppy Joe was good.
Chili Mac was good.
Chicken Fajita was good.
Spaghetti With Meatballs was disappointing because I couldn't get the heater to activate. Mmmm, cold pasta.
Tuna was great to break the repetition of tomato-based ground beef dishes.

Omelet MREs were always strangely plentiful in the pile after the first meal. I watched my buddy figure out why that was. :cross:

IMO, the mcrib had to have been developed by someone that either had zero concept of decent bbq, or really hated pork so completely that they decided to make that thing on a patty. It's culinary toxic waste by-products at best. It baffles me that people actually like it. But I suppose, if you dump enough advertising dollars at something people will believe it's good. :eek:

I'd rather cook up a rat and eat it.

I'd say a Rolling rock or a Mickey's Big mouth.

Yes all that stuff is not good for you, but once in a great while it's a good chow down. IME if I was to throwdown on some junkfood i'd get me into a 20 piece of chicken nuggets (love those things) or 4-5 of them Arby's roast beef sandwiches smothered with globs of that white horsey sauce. College memories of 5 for $5.

re: MRE's - Have had plenty of them myself, but that was back in the mid 90's, they seem to have a wider selection now. Corned Beef wasn't too bad, neither was the breakfast sausage or the bean/weanie one.

@Golddiggie - I don't like McRibs because of media, I like them because IMO they are tasty. The media / marketing circus would like me to believe in Santa Claus too... wait I still do and that SOB is bringing me a grain mill this year. Come to think of it I haven't seen an ad for the McRib since like 1980 something...

I'd rather go to Taco Hell for a double decker taco or a beef burrito supreme (no red sauce though :p)... At least those aren't made with pressed, formed, pig parts (of unknown origin). :eek:

Yes, I was eating those during my college years. Not sure if the DD taco was offered (it was more than a few years ago now) but the burrito was. :D

Golddiggie said:
I'd rather go to Taco Hell for a double decker taco or a beef burrito supreme (no red sauce though :p)... At least those aren't made with pressed, formed, pig parts (of unknown origin). :eek:

Yes, I was eating those during my college years. Not sure if the DD taco was offered (it was more than a few years ago now) but the burrito was. :D

Mmmmm.....Taco Bell. Love me some enchiritos.

If I were to find myself on some sort of "Iron Beer Geek" show where I was being judged by Sam Calagione doing his best Gordan Ramsey impression on my ability to match an obscure beer style to unexpected dishes?

Bamberg Rauchbier

Back