National Homebrew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We normally brew at our LHBS but the State Liquor Board has put an end to that. Now we are reduced to brewing out of our homes.

wild said:
We normally brew at our LHBS but the State Liquor Board has put an end to that. Now we are reduced to brewing out of our homes.

Your tax dollars hard at work. God forbid you bootleggers brew up that devil juice in a retail location! It just might destroy civilization itself!

Evan! said:
Your tax dollars hard at work. God forbid you bootleggers brew up that devil juice in a retail location! It just might destroy civilization itself!

*snicker*

Yeah, really pretty silly imo...but I don't think it has much to do with public intolerance as much as it does the idea that "hey you don't have to buy your alcohol you can make it" encroaching on sales. Liquor = revenue.

zoebisch01 said:
*snicker*

Yeah, really pretty silly imo...but I don't think it has much to do with public intolerance as much as it does the idea that "hey you don't have to buy your alcohol you can make it" encroaching on sales. Liquor = revenue.
Here's the real kicker...
Danny Thomas, the director of the state liquor boys is reported to be a homebrewer to boot!
How does that grab ya?

Damn legislators, they could screw up a wet dream. I think I have space to put an extra batch next weekend. Red or Blonde Ale is the question, or maybe an IPA. So many choices.

I didn't realize that. And here I've got a double brew planned for a vacation day I am taking next friday. Unless things co badly I won't be brewing on saturday.
Craig

Cinco de Mayo to boot.

First PM planned, Kolsch.

And the first weekend after finals for me (grad student).

Excellent. . .

(rain is predicted, but that WILL change)

Brewing a Begian Honey Blonde on Cinco de Brewo.... And bottling my heffe that is in the primary right now!!!

I'm going to do a Stone's Russian Imperial Sudo Clone attempt partial Mash. Since I don't have the capacity to do a beer that big all-grain.

Didn't realize it was national HB day but I had already planned on doing it with a few friends that are interested in learning about the hobby. Too cool how that works out!:mug:

Brewing a Hefe that day. If things go well today, my Amarillo Cream will be ready for drinking. Cinco de Mayo is a big day for us, it's the day me and the Mrs. met and later got engaged.

Cheesefood said:
Brewing a Hefe that day. If things go well today, my Amarillo Cream will be ready for drinking. Cinco de Mayo is a big day for us, it's the day me and the Mrs. met and later got engaged.

then maybe a celebration ale is in order?

I will be brewing two batches that day.
I have a pilsner kit that I won on eBay for a price that I can only assume was a rookie seller mistake coming on Friday. :rockin:
Then Saturday morning I will be at the LHBS to pick up the items needed for an extract Hobgoblin clone.

Hoooooorrrraayyy BEER!:ban: :mug: :ban:

Beerrific said:
Cinco de Mayo to boot.

Cinco de Mayo???

bah..

Its My Birthday!!!!:rockin:

Everyone feel free to drink a homebrew for me.

Never heard of a homebrewing day here in the UK but i'm not a stick in the mud so will gladly celebrate it :D

Think i'll do another Orfy- Extact Hobgoblin clone as the last one I did turned out awesome - couldn't stop guzzling them :drunk:

ARGH!!!!!!! All my fermenters are FULL!!! I will just have to relax, not worry, and have a home brew instead. I'll work on the bbq pit just so there is some propane in the air.

Our local club is participating! I couldn't decide one which of the "suggested" brews to try, so I'm going to make Cheesefood's CCA.

I did not know about this. How handy then that I have a Coffee Stout planned for that day. Just started making a starter this morning. Maybe it also explains why my first batch (a no-boil Munton's Gold IPA) aged out it's nasty flavors and now tastes like beer, it just wanted to be ready for it's day.

Back