Barley Crusher Cart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newrbrewer

Reaction score
Just wanted to give back a little for all the helpful info I have received here.

The cart is from Lowes, the drill is form Harbour Freight (3/8 variable speed corded), the bucket is from Ace (5 gal), the grain chute is cut from a blue tarp and the lid is from an out of service fermentor.

I meant to take photos before it was all put together but I forgot. I will update the thread when it has to come apart.

A couple of things.

1. The feet of the BC should rest between the wires on the top shelf. This allows the drill to to align with the shaft. This drill lines up perfectly, others might need to be mounted a bit higher or lower.
2. The piece for the grain chute is cut to 15" wide by however far you wish it to hang below mill. I simply measured the width and length of the opening at the bottom of the BC base and multiplied by 2. I used a glue gun to attach the tarp to the base to fashion a chute. Cut a hole in the lid to fit the chute. Then attach lid to cart with zip ties.

It works really well but I need to still do a few things like zip tie the base to cart and zip tie drill trigger to the desired speed. This drill will only stay on with the trigger lock at full speed.

I hope this helps.
Pretty self explanatory but let me know if anyone has any questions.

94014865.jpg

83777824.jpg

67301692.jpg

80805748.jpg

Back