Monster MM3 Base and Hopper DIY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
Made Base and Hopper setup for a new MM3 today, using 5 Gallon water bottle for the hopper. Where the hopper attaches i have relieved the wood so grain can flow to the full width of the mill. I drilled a hole in the base so i can hang it on the wall when not in use.

The Sides sit in a dado and can easily be opened for cleaning by sliding (the side with the setscrews you need to remove the set screws to remove the side panel)

I replaced the set screws with 1/4 20 hand wheels for easier use.

The underside of the base has a routed groove so it fits securely on a bucket.

Thanks Sawdustguy.

BTW, I grew up in Manorville, Small world.

That's on BIG freakin hopper there... Going to have to see if I can hunt down something to increase the capacity of my BC, once it arrives... I would be ok with up to the 15 pound capacity, so maybe some square ducting material can be adapted to do the job... Once I have it on hand, and can take some measurements, a trip to Lowe's/HD will be in order...

Made Base and Hopper setup for a new MM3 today, using 5 Gallon water bottle for the hopper. Where the hopper attaches i have relieved the wood so grain can flow to the full width of the mill. I drilled a hole in the base so i can hang it on the wall when not in use.
[/IMG][/URL]

Very nice. I like the way you routed the ring to allow it to securely nest on the bucket. Oh, and the slide out panel to allow easy access to the gap for adjusting is really nice.

Here is a crappy pic of mine with a hopper I made from sheet metal that will hold more than 35# of grain.

23790_1343856070000_1039184842_1007946_7100872_n.jpg

I used melamine and used eye bolts for the gap locking bolts (your knob bolts are a nice addition!)

Back