Berghoff Hefe Weizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostspring

Reaction score
Is this a accurate representation of what a hefe weizen should taste like?

I haven't had this beer myself, but the online reviews for it aren't favorable. For a good representation of Hefeweizen try some of the German imports. Ayinger, Erdinger, Franziskaner, Weihenstephaner, Kapuziner, Schneider Weisse, Hacker-Pschorr.

I didn't know if was just me or not. I had never tried this type and if Bergoffs was typical I wouldn't bother with it again. I really didn't care for it.

I've tried it at the Berghoff in Chicago.. I think its the same thing.. but either way it tasted more like an American Wheat than a traditional Heffe Weisse

I haven't had this beer myself, but the online reviews for it aren't favorable. For a good representation of Hefeweizen try some of the German imports. Ayinger, Erdinger, Franziskaner, Weihenstephaner, Kapuziner, Schneider Weisse, Hacker-Pschorr.

+1 on this. If you are looking for a real hefeweizen, the germans are the only ones that do it right.

Back