Sick of early Seasonal releases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CityOChampBrew

Reaction score
Is it just me or anyone else here sick of seasonal beers being released ridiculously early ie sam adams alpine spring is out and it's january... no where near spring time

You're not the only one, and you'e not the frist.

No one wants to buy old beer though, once they get midway through the season no one wants a spring ale or an oktoberfest or whatever. Ahead of the curve and all that.

I'm cool with it with some beers, less cool with others, Springs and Summers because of their lightness I always want fresh, but a Spiced beer or stout can be fun to age a little and grow.

Blech I dont like it either. It seems ridiculous that a spring beer is out in the middle of January. No wonder people are sick of the seasonals by mid season because they came out the season before.

And if it just seasonal sales they want (btw seasonals are the second highest selling beer style behind IPAs) release things for the more obscure holidays. A valentines day brew, a presidents day brew (colonial ale), a st. paddy's day irish ale, a fourth of july beer, a halloween spiced beverage, and any other plethora of holidays. But the true seasonals should remain in their season.

As far as winter goes Ive been a fan of christmas beers from Nov.-Dec and Dark strong winter beers from Jan-Feb (like bocks, dopplebocks, stock ales, barley wines, etc.).

Oh well thats why I brew my own. I will have what style I want when I want it.

I hate it too, but its all about getting the most bang for their buck. The generally masses are looking for Oktoberfest in August. They're looking for Christmas Ales in November. Its very similar to the retail market (I saw Christmas decorations for sale in September this year!).

Oh well thats why I brew my own. I will have what style I want when I want it.

Thats the greatest thing about homebrewing to me. Any style, any time, always fresh!

I had a saison the other night. It tasted great but something didn't feel quite right because I knew it was cold and miserable outside and I usually drink heavier beers this time of year.

I had a saison the other night. It tasted great but something didn't feel quite right because I knew it was cold and miserable outside and I usually drink heavier beers this time of year.

I can understand that feeling.

But at the same time, I have a full keg of homebrewed Christmas Ale ready to be drank, and also a Marzen that I just tapped this week. You can hardly find either of those types beers anywhere in stores right now.

except for halloween, winter and christmas, most seasonal beers arent really seasonal except for the name.

for example, alpine spring is a keller beer. A lager doesnt remind of spring. They could sell it year round with another general name and no one would question it.

Summer beers are usually pilsners but there are a ton of pilsners sold year round so its not really a seasonal style

Back