Got my Ventmatics...questsion.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzoflick

Reaction score
Got two Ventmatics in today. Shipped for $60 NIB. They came quick and they are gorgeous..

23421055680.jpg

The action of the lever feels like a S&W.

I notice a couple of things that Im curious about.

Firstly with a taphandle attached there seems to be a little more left to right play than my other taps.

Second the taphandle spins endlessly when screwed all the way down. I've dissected these and it seems that the ventmatic (on left) has a rounded ball at the end of the stem? Whereas the generic stem is flat at the end preventing any spinning.

23421034759.jpg

Has anyone noticed this? And what can I do about it?

I have noticed this as well with my perlick faucetts. No big deal really. Mine were a little tough to open and close but after sanitizing and pouring, they are smoooooooth!! My only complaint with this type of faucett is that they seal only when the level is pushed way back. All you have to do is touch the handle and it starts pouring. Although seems to be getting better the longer I have them or I just may be used to it by now!!:cross:

It just seems there is no way to prevent the taphandle from turning in your hands as you pour...Id rather my taphandles be stiff.

I just got a pair of perlicks and am putting them on my kegerator this week end. I have a couple of long tap handles so I hope I'm not going to have an issue with them opening since the tops of the taps rest on the fridge door.

gonzoflick said:
Id rather my taphandles be stiff.

My wife tells me the same thing.:ban:

I dont think the locknuts are the issue here.. I mean. I have the locknut tight as can be against the tap handle, but since the bottom of the stem is round, THAT is the part that is spinning around inside the lever. How do you stop this from spinning?

2nd Street Brewery said:
I just got a pair of perlicks and am putting them on my kegerator this week end. I have a couple of long tap handles so I hope I'm not going to have an issue with them opening since the tops of the taps rest on the fridge door.

If they do, you can use this gadget.

MP-064.jpg

Tap Marker Angler

Long tap handles hitting the wall?

The Tap Marker Angler screws on top of any standard faucet, allowing the tap handle to be in an upright (vertical) position.

Seriously, the ball end is a feature that allows easy rotation of the tap handle. In a large bar with many taps, this lets people rotate the handle quickly to show the keg has blown.

gonzoflick said:
Have other people found that the perlick/ventmatic faucets have a lot of side to side play in them?
Not really....I just tighten the faucet down on the shank so the whole body doesn't move, but my handle seems to be pretty secure.

Back