When to add Maltodextrine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually add it during the boil. I forgot once, and just boiled it up with a few cups of water and added it during the secondary. Both work.

Add it towards the end of the boil,5 minutes should be fine. Just stir while adding. It's only 5% fermentable at best,adding mouth feel & a bit of creaminess,imo.

When I've used it in the past I've included it in the boil. That's the best way to do it. But if it's too late and you're already fermenting, I'm sure you could mix it in some boiling water and add it to the secondary (after cooling of course).

Yeah... i'm sitting near 3 weeks in fermenter... didn't have it on hand when i first started... don't really want to secondary either. Could I add it to the bottling bucket along w the priming sugar at bottling time?

I have added it to kegged beer that needed boost for body. Boilled a few oz and added to the keg once it cooled. Tasted fine after 24 hours. You should be able to do this with bottling sugar. What kind or style did you brew?

Back