Syracuse, NY area - Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I was thinking like 10-15lbs at the most really. Same with the crystals... don't have a whole lot of space left!

well if we can find someone to take the last 1/3 i will take a 1/3 of chocolate with you.

I think i will have enough crystal after this buy though.

Ok, sounds good.

Also, for anyone else looking to go a 1/3 on some medium crystal 40L or 60L, I'd be interested.

Round 2 seems like specialty grain round for all those that got their base malts round 1 haha. I went to my lhbs after round 1 and I just couldn't buy anything for 2.10 per pound, seemed way too much after .55-.65 a pound

So here is what I have so far let me know if there are changes

Bierhaus15
C40 or C60

Kzhusker
C40 or C60

Rustbucket
C60, Rye, Wheat

Chrisp522
Medium crystal

Jhenderson
C60

In that order. So I am suggesting

Bierhaus15/KZhusker/Rustbucket = C60 x1

Bierhaus15/KZhusker/Chrisp522 = C40 x1
*chrisp522 - is C40 "medium" enough for you?

That leaves:

rustbucket - 1/3 RYE (need 1 person), WHEAT
cidahmastah - 1/3 Rye (need 1 person)
Jhenderson - C60 (need 2 people)

Status

CidahMastah BZ-WHT x1
CidahMastah CM-2ROW x1
CidahMastah BD-MOPA x1
CidahMastah TF-CHOC x.5
CidahMastah BD-BLCK x.33
CidahMastah GW-C60 x.33
CidahMastah GW-C80 x.33
CidahMastah GW-C120 x.33
Billie CM-2ROW x1
Billie 5748 - Golden Light Dry x1
Clef051 CM-2ROW x1
DannSchuler BZ-PILS x1
DannSchuler BD-BLCK x.33
DannSchuler GW-C60 x.33
DannSchuler GW-C80 x.33
DannSchuler GW-C120 x.33
DannSchuler TF-CHOC x.33
jhenderson27 CM-2ROW x2
jhenderson27 TF-CHOC x.5
Chrisp522 CM-2ROW x1
Chrisp522 BD-MOPA x1
Chrisp522 GW-C40 x.33
FL Brewer BD-MOPA x1
FL Brewer TF-CHOC x1
FL Brewer 5347 x1 Briess_CaraPils Malt
FL Brewer TF-FLBR x1
FL Brewer CM-PALE x1
FarmerJoe BD-BLCK x.33
FarmerJoe GW-C60 x.33
FarmerJoe GW-C80 x.33
FarmerJoe GW-C120 x.33
kzhusker CM-PALE x1
kzhusker TF-CHOC x.33
kzhusker GW-C60 x.33
kzhusker GW-C40 x.33
bierhaus15 TF-CHOC x.33
bierhaus15 GW-C60 x.33
bierhaus15 GW-C40 x.33
rustbucket GW-C60 x.33

Need: 42 Total
Have: 23

*Specialty Grain Splitting:
1. rustbucket - 1/3 RYE (need 1 person), WHEAT
2. cidahmastah - 1/3 Rye (need 1 person)
3. Jhenderson - C60 (need 2 people)

Notes:
*For ordering (and other general) instructions Click this link

So bierhaus and kzhusker, the three of us in on a bag of chocolate?

I got this on the sheet already (it looked like you guys were all in - check the above)

** guys let me know if brand matters. If not, I will go for the 50lb bags for the crystal (GW-C40; GW-C60; GW-C120). These seem to be the best bargain. If you prefer otherwise let me know.

The yellow highlighted is pending Chrisp522's confirmation.

Buyer share matrix.jpg

I'd be in for a bag of CMC White Wheat if we can get it? I see it in the catalog, but I didn't see a product code...

Cidah. I heard back from a buddy. Change my order to a total of 3 bags 2 row. 1 bag c60 im still in to split the chocolate with you. And my buddy wants to split a 1/2 of white unmalted wheat.

Have: 30

1. rustbucket - 1/3 RYE (need 1 person)
2. cidahmastah - 1/3 Rye (need 1 person); rice hulls 1/4-1/3 (need 2-3 people)
3. Jhenderson - Raw Wheat (need 1 person)

Notes:

Buyer share matrix.jpg

gettin all fancy with the spreadsheet now.

This pace keeps up you may want move to a database.

Haha - you know it!

Sad, but I freakin' love excel, was doing this last time, but didn't post it. I think this way, with all the splitting, is easier on the eyes. Ha!

Definatly alot more organized. Btw thanks for doing all the leg work on this!

Thanks and glad to help.

There are quite a few other people out there that showed interest but have not chimed in just yet. So not sure what to make of that. It looks like we have a lot more reorders than we do new guys... but that is all ok as long as we get to 42!

I assume that we will get there this weekend if people check in.

id do possibly 1/3 bag of 60L, 1/3 of rye malt (CM-RYEM) and maybe 1/2 bag of wheat (BZ-WHT)?

My buddy said he will split his bag with you if you can't find someone to do it. So for now I listed it as such on the status sheet.

Stunsm - added

cidah, sweet, thanks, if we cant find another for 1/3 bag of rye, we can split it.. i just dont know what i would do with 27 lbs of rye.. i may need like 15 the most for the year...

Cool - it looks like we are up to snuff then with the split bags.

Looks like we are getting there quick 29 sacks, 13 to go.

cidah, sweet, thanks, if we cant find another for 1/3 bag of rye, we can split it.. i just dont know what i would do with 27 lbs of rye.. i may need like 15 the most for the year...

Yeah me too. Hopefully someone will help us out and take a portion. I was just looking to try it out since my wife likes the lake placid honey rye beer. If we can't get another I may be out for half a bag. I just have no idea if I would ever get through it, especially since I would only be making a couple batches for my wife.

I guess we will see if someone else is interested in experimentation as well.

Have: 30

1. rustbucket - 1/3 RYE (need 1 person)
2. cidahmastah - 1/3 Rye (need 1 person); rice hulls 1/4-1/3 (need 2-3 people)
3. Jhenderson - Raw Wheat (need 1 person)

Notes:

Buyer share matrix.jpg

well im making danny's rye ipa, which used about 6 lbs, but i could do a doulbe batch if i had too, and find something else to use it with.

To bad i just bought rice hulls... like 3lbs of them... (post how much they are, depending on the price i may just take 1/4 sack)

well im making danny's rye ipa, which used about 6 lbs, but i could do a doulbe batch if i had too, and find something else to use it with.

To bad i just bought rice hulls... like 3lbs of them... (post how much they are, depending on the price i may just take 1/4 sack)

$19 for 50 lbs!

I probably will keep the rye at half. It will force me to be creative! You will have to pass me that IPA recipe as well

Another buddy of mine wants 2row - will add it on later - just place holding

And no worries on the rice hulls. I would much rather let someone else get a bag of two row or something in place of the rice hulls.

i.e. if we need a bag to close up the order they are a cheap bag. But necessary for wheat, oat and Rye recipes

Thanks for the recipe!

ok, sounds good... just let me know. right now, those three things for me sound good, i need to buy kegs.. :(... so i cant spend so much money on grain this time... haha

Back