Tired of high ABV? Have a Nanny State...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahoy hoy,
Britain is a perfect example of a country spiraling down the keaster. Cheers to these folks for at least taking a stand against those nannyists....

The Brewing Network had the guys from BrewDog on The Sunday Session two or three months ago. Those dudes were definitely alright.

James is a top notch guy. I'm not necessarily a fan of their IPA type beers, but they do make some great other stuff. The Brewdog night a few months ago at Hamilton's here was nice and he brought some super rare bottles and I got to try a few and was impressed. Totally nice guy, great brewer, and I'll agree that Nanny State is the best beer name ever.

Also, they just released that 18.2% beer called Tokyo for the first time in the States at Hamilton's, and it was much, much better than I had expected with an ABV like that.

As someone mentioned elsewhere... But all the Scotch distilleries making 40+% whiskey is just fine and dandy. A high ABV expensive craft beer is definitely going to be the #1 binge drink. Man people are stupid.

As someone mentioned elsewhere... But all the Scotch distilleries making 40+% whiskey is just fine and dandy. A high ABV expensive craft beer is definitely going to be the #1 binge drink. Man people are stupid.

Yeah its a dumb arguement. If people are drinking to get wasted they are buying cheap beer or hard alcohol.

We had a Tokyo that someone brought over from the UK last week, what an amazingly HUGE beer.

That being said, we are headed to the UK next week and hope to try a nanny.. I think it's the perfect response to the ill-informed's over-reaction...

Back