Yuengling.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EamusCatuli

Reaction score
Anyone know what the clone recipe of Yuengling Lager would be? I just went to Pittsburgh and they love it over there, I think its pretty good myself. Thanks

Amazingly, Google still works. But I'll do the work for you. :mad:

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=yuengling+lager+clone+recipe&btnG=Google+Search[/ame]

Now that I've untwisted my panties, let me make a recommendation. Annapolis Homebrew has a highly-regarded clone kit, available in extract/grains, partial mash, and all-grain options. See http://www.annapolishomebrew.com/shoprecipekits103.asp , item #71591a.

Note, however, that many recipes you'll find online call for rice as the adjunct. I know for a fact that Yuengling uses corn for Lager.

There's nothing really distinctive about Lager other than the color being different than other American Light Lagers. It's not got more flavor, more body, or more aroma, really; that makes cloning it quite difficult. If you nailed me to the wall, I'd try this recipe:

9.0 lbs Pale Malt
1.0 lbs Flaked Maze
0.5 lbs Crystal Malt, 60oL
1 oz Cluster 7%, Boiled 60 min
Yeast : WYeast 2035 American Lager

Cheers,

Bob

They definitely use corn. I can vouch for that. IIRC they use Cascade as well.
I'm also thinking they use an ale yeast to lager their beers as well. which one I don't rememeber it's been years since I reasearched it.

IMHO your better off buying it, then brewing it from a cost/benefit analysis standpoint. We used to pay 9.00 for a case of returnable pounders back in the college days....Their premium beer that is.

my bad, BobNQ3X, not sure why anyone would get upset because of a simple question on an internet posting though. Ill remember to use google next time, honestly it slipped my mind. But thanks anyway for the answer to my Q (which is the whole reason HBT exists, right?)

Remember, if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all! :)

I toured the Yuengling brewery a couple weeks ago, the lager uses a base malt blend(which varies according to the tour guide) of 6row and 2 row pale(somewhere close to equal parts each), a crystal malt, corn grits, and cascade and or cluster hops. Hope this helps in formulating your recipe, good luck!

Sorry for the short temper, guys. :( I should have re-read my post before clicking "Submit."

As to what drives one to answer as I did, consider this: I frequent a lot of forums and message boards. It never fails - I mean every day, multiple times per day - someone comes on one of those boards and asks a question that a simple Internet search (never mind a search of the relevant forum or board) would have answered. After a while, that gets really, really irritating.

It's symptomatic of a certain facet of our culture: "I can't be arsed to go and find the answer myself, so I'll get someone else to do it." In the time it took to write the original post, the original poster could have done a simple search and found the information on his own or RTFM. Instead, some poor sap like me goes and finds it, then spoon-feeds it to him. When I was a lad (and doesn't that open a can of worms!), if I asked "What does 'onomatopoeia' mean?" my dear old mum chucked me the dictionary. If the question was more complicated than that, a trip to the library was in order. That methodology seems to be dead now, and that's just sad.

All that said, I shouldn't have verbally *****-slapped you, Eamus, for not conforming to my world-view. I heartily apologize, and beg you to forgive my curmudgeonly snarl.

Now RTFM, dammit! :D

Bob

Well, the difference is.. there is only one definition to "onomatopoeia". But there are several recipes for each commercial beer out there.. If i had a clone for a certain beer... I would be happy to share!

Someone may have posted how great their certain recipe turned out, or to stay away from another..

thats why people here can always ask any question (almost) without being scrutinized. There are always different ways to do anything, and the experience of the users here is something to take advantage of.

Always remember the golden rule.
And I don't mean "The man with the gold makes the rules" either.;)

:off:
Is the Colonial's pizza still as good as I remember when i was a kid?

Well now that we have that cleared up, thanks to all for the posts!

No worries Bob, I understand. :)

:off: Is the Colonial's pizza still as good as I remember when i was a kid?

For a given value of 'good'. :D I've always found it to be grease on cardboard, but that's what makes it unique! It's still the same as when I moved here in 1998, that's for sure.

In a lame attempt to come back to topic, the reader can always be assured of getting a fresh glass of draught Yuengling Lager at Colonial Pizza in Easton, PA!

Bob

For a given value of 'good'. :D I've always found it to be grease on cardboard, but that's what makes it unique! It's still the same as when I moved here in 1998, that's for sure.

In a lame attempt to come back to topic, the reader can always be assured of getting a fresh glass of draught Yuengling Lager at Colonial Pizza in Easton, PA!

Bob

Not a fan of their wings...I've been to the one in Clifton Hts. Could be a totally different place though...

Anyway, the water makes a difference too. I have found that I like the Lager produced down in FL then to the one made here in the good ol' state of PA (remember kids, you can't spell party without PA.) I'm not sure what the difference in the water is, you would think they would try to make it similar to the water profile around Potsville.

Not a fan of their wings...I've been to the one in Clifton Hts. Could be a totally different place though...

Anyway, the water makes a difference too. I have found that I like the Lager produced down in FL then to the one made here in the good ol' state of PA (remember kids, you can't spell party without PA.) I'm not sure what the difference in the water is, you would think they would try to make it similar to the water profile around Potsville.

The water would make a difference. I do not know what the profile of the water is in pottsville, but for what its worth i do know that they use city water and filter their brewing water with DME.

Back