Help me burn up my leftover hops.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffro

Reaction score
I've got 2 Oz of Crystal pellets here.

Will they work as a substitute for Sterling in a Pilsner?

Originally I was given 3 Oz and used one oz in a hefe. I also have half an oz of Willamette that needs a home.

Originally I was given 3 Oz and used one oz in a hefe. I also have half an oz of Willamette that needs a home.

I've got a very loving home for them. Would you like my mailing address? :cross:

This is funny. I just made an amber ale using NB for bittering and 1 Z crystal for 10 min and 1 Z crystal for 2 min. I dried hop w/ 1/2 z of Willamette. Can't tell you about the taste yet. It goes into a keg this week. Never used Crystal before.

I've used Crystal a number of times. I think it works great in pale ale type beers. It doesn't have the smack you in the face character like a Cascade, but has a very nice mellow flavor that tastes great, but will also leave room for the malt to come through. I have 10oz in my freezer that I am hoping to break out soon.

I just used it in a Wit - however it's still sitting in ferment so I can't give you a good taste example, but the samples tasted awesome on brewday.

Back