Apfelwein...What's next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomadic_Joel

Reaction score
The phenomenon surrounding Apfelwein has been amazing....really firing up the HBT community. I wonder what recipe or brew will be next?

Seems that ease of brew really unites the community....bringing together all the new brewers....with the oldies that are looking for something simple to tie them over...

Thoughts?

Joel.

OK ill try to prime the conversation! no responses! Another reason may be that it on this forum...the beer makers far outweigh the rest of the community.......so it is ONE DRINK TO RULE THEM ALL. Or, its a great easy drink that both sides can make...

THOUGHTS!?

Next ideas?

Joel

The next Apfelwein is like saying the next Larry Bird -- there may by hype and talk about the next....but it will never come to pass. :D

Although JOAM's seems to making some waves amongst the meadsters...

Yes! That's another thing...is it has to bring both communities together, something the beer + wine/meadters can and love to do...

So sometimes mead is good for that....

Afpelwein has lots of things that other brews can't do

Cheap (mead isn't)
Simple (Mead is too)
Faster drinkability than mead (but not as fast as some beers)
Pretty universal taste - mead is too "hot" for some, some hate beer, few hate afpelwein (till the next day)
Goes down smooooooooth (damn you edwort!)

*this post typed under influence of afpelwien... too bad my "sample" jug is almost gone... gotta save the other 5 gallons that's finished for a family gathering... grrr (yes - another 5 is currently bubbling and another 5 will go in the fermenter as soon as I have room)

The hard lemonade recipe on www.winepress.com has been made by a lot of people but nothing like the apfelwein. But still, it is quick, easy and good from what people say so I decided to go out on a limb for us all and make some hard lemon and limeade to see if it is good.

Back