WORST brew day to date.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate Ale

Reaction score
:mad: OMG! I told my SWMBO all weekend that today was brew day. No Problem she said! So after church today I started a PM version of Brew Pastors 777 Rye IPA.
I got the Mash going and everything was lovley, 75 minutes and it dropped 2 degrees.... WHOOOHOO. But heres the catch, while the mash mashed I racked a secondary of blonde ale to keg, cleaned and sanitized everything for todays brew. SWMBO decides to take the 4 year old to the neighborhood pool whilst the 2 year old sleeps....I smell a problem...
2 year old wakes right as I am finishing sparging....and Mommy and sissy are at the pool, so he wants to go tooooo!@

Well, I put the lid on the kettle, and haul a@@ to the pool, and don't start the kettle boiling until 8:30 tonight(4 hours later). Here I sit all pissed off, and sightly buzzed as the chiller does its magic.....(11:30pm).

I never interfer and am respectfull of her hobby...scrapbooking...why can't she respect mine?:mad:

All true!.....

But here is the awesome thing....I hit my og dead nuts. Berr Smith projected 1.071, and walah! 1.071, and in the fermentation chamber.....

We will see how good it is in a week or two,:p

Could have been worse. She could have taken the 2 yo & left the 4 yo to "help" you brew.

IMHO any brew day that ends with a fermenter full rates a good or higher.

Well, at least you still got to take the youngest to be with the family AND got to get your beer brewed. Maybe not the most relaxing/enjoyable way to do it, but if your two kids are anything like mine, then relaxing isn't really a normal state in your household.

Brewing is great, but I'll never let it stop me from doing stuff with the kids. Got to stay close to them so they can help me schlep carboys when I'm in my 80's. ;)

I let my kids help. I set my kids up with a "kid brew" (Kool-Aid and my old buckets) They make it and act drunk. I wonder where they learned to act drunk:)

Back