Affordable AG sculpture.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rambler

Reaction score
I just happened to come across this while looking for some fittings. It's got good sized burners and the way it's built it looks like it would work perfect for a mash tun and strike water, and then you could lift your kettle up on to the lower burner. The description also says it bolts together so no welding necesssary and the price looks good too.

I almost wish I would have seen it before I bult mine.

http://www.beso.com/metal-fusion/ou...-cast-burner-and-jet-burner/2224751608/detail

Yeah, I think the lower burner is just a cut pipe, or jet burner, which are super inefficient. To me the more efficient are easily worth the up-front investment.

I would also be skeptical that the stand is quality and able to hold 15 gallons of liquid, without wobbling.

I would love to just buy a normal priced stand though, without dropping a couple Grand....

A lot of people are daunted by the thought of building their own sculpture, I personally enjoy it almost as much as i enjoy brewing.

I dont know much about KK products because I have never used them but for the price and whats included it looks like it would work well. As to the weight issue, this unit is built to support two different boiling pots and I cant imagine they would have taken the weight into consideration when designing it. I dont think they would want to have liability issues if one of their units came crumbling down.

In my experience changing the burners isn't very hard either. If 65,000 btu isnt enough for you you can always spend the extra 20 bucks and get a burner just like the top one. 2 100,000 btu burners are ample to heat event 10 or 12 gallons of water.

I threw this out as a good starting point, not as the end all be all of homebrew sculptures. Its a great way to get your feet wet in AG with a minimal investment and construction.

Thats all i'm sayin...

Agreed... Looks reasonable for the money.

I would be curious to see how sturdy it is as well.

Thanks for sharing! :mug:

I did what no one else did before they decided to comment on the quality of this item. I emailed the company to find out the weight rating for it. When I hear back I will post to this thread.

Wait a minute-that would be like thinking before you speak, and we cant have any of that now, can we?

I did get a reply stating that the top spot can handle up to a 120qt and the lower up to 32 qt. but I think he was referring to the burner capacity and not weight. I replied for him to clarify on the weight limits. 120qt +32 qt @ ~2 lbs a qt = 300+lbs. He got back to me very quick initially. I think he might be checking with the machine shop for the actual weight limits.

Back