Wine press and grinder cleaning.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzy

Reaction score
I just purchased a used press and grinder. The wood slats are in decent shape. Overall the equipment looks pretty good. There is some old junk in the threads and on the press. I would like to clean it and sanitize the press before I use it.
What do you use to clean your equipment? ( soaps, cleaners)
Do you worry about total cleanliness like when brewing beer?
Any other advice is appreciated. Thanks

As far as the press goes just some good ole scrubbing and if its really caked on then a wire brush on the metal. You should get it pretty clean and a k-meta/citric acid pray down before use is a "must" sorry about the pun. The citric acid makes the sulfites do their job better.

As far as the press goes just some good ole scrubbing and if its really caked on then a wire brush on the metal. You should get it pretty clean and a k-meta/citric acid pray down before use is a "must" sorry about the pun. The citric acid makes the sulfites do their job better.

Does the k-meta have another name. Also how do you mix it. I would think that it needs to be mixed right?

Back