My home grown hop problem of 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have 10 plants that I planted last year. I did very little for them last year other then water. Winter came and I did nothing, I did not trim the old bines and did not even clean up all the maple leafs that had covered the beds.
Well it's now the end of may and.........

8 out of the 10 plants have grown past the 15 foot tall poles and are starting to crawl across the top rope..
Don't worry so much. They do well on their own.. :rockin:

Life has managed without human intervention for 3.5 billion years. I think it will continue to do fine without us.

That's the beauty about growing weeds!:rockin::D

But c'mon, you're only batting 80%....what the hell?;)

My Saaz never even got big enough last year to even run ropes for it. This year she's about 4-5 feet. and one other is a few feet from hitting the top yet.
Heck this time last year I had just planted them. I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow.

My neighbor and I have planted some extra rhizomes on fence lines. These plants get no care of any kind. They grow just fine and look as healthy as the plants I tend with TLC.

So, yeah, they're fun to grow and use in brewing, but if you neglect them, they will grow anyway.

Latest posts

Back