DFW Group Buy #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so excited. I decided to order a little of everything to expands horizons. Based on the following grains any favorite recipes jump out at you?

M-2ROW 1 bag
CM-WHET 1 bag
CM-PALE 1 bag
BD-CHLT 35 lbs
BZ-VIEN 18.33 lbs
CM-RYEM 35 lbs
GW-C15 10 lbs
GW-C60 30 lbs
BZ-CRPL 10 lbs

With pale malt, crystal, and a ton of different hop combos you can make some pretty killer IPA's.

Vienna is a nice malty grain you could also add to a pale ale recipe to add an interesting dynamic.

Can you lager? Vienna is roughly 1/4 the grain bill in my Oktoberfest recipes.

I emailed the supplier in preparation for the buy for you guys. I need to verify the invoice for the first grain buy before I can be confident of a second order, so hopefully they will get back to me. We received our first pallet about a month ago and I still haven't received an exact invoice.

Also, please keep in mind they were out and we subbed some items when we completed our first round, so be prepared to choose subs or wait (which might be hard for them to keep track of) if anything is out of stock.

Thanks tealio for the help. Let me know when you here back from them. I have PM'd the remaining 2 and hopefully they will pay soon. As soon as they pay I will get the order in.

Didn't get on this thread until it was too late, how would I go about getting in on one of these group buys in the future?? I am from north of Dallas, if that isn't a problem. thanks!

Alright everyone time for an update.

The grain has been ordered and should be here Monday, April 9th. I ended up setting up my own account to make things easier. I will PM everyone pickup instructions today. If you can't make it on Monday please find a time that works with jhw_murphy to pickup your grain. It is being shipped to his work so everyone please work around his schedule. Let me know if you have any questions.

I just got off the phone with Country Malt Group and due to the holiday weekend the grain won't be delivered until tomorrow. Sorry if that causes anyone problems.

I don't. Round 1 the pallet was delivered in the morning so I'm hoping that's the case this time. I'll post here whenever it arrives.

Congrats on the Grain!

Good luck with the splitting, you guys are going to need a beer after...

Wow, that was fast on the splits... though limiting to ~10# increments hopefully made it not all that bad... Thanks for all the work on making this happen...

Like jhw_murphy said the grain is in and splits are done. Please coordinate a time with Joel (jhw_murphy) to pick up your grain. I sent everyone his contact info in a PM sometime last week. If you need it again let me know. The splits are in Target bags and taped shut. Please be careful picking up the bags as they aren't meant for holding 10-15 lbs of grain. If you have any questions about your order please let me know.

Thanks everyone for making this run so smoothly. I have enough grain to last me for a while but if someone wants to start a round 3 thread you are more than welcome to use my account with Country Malt Group.

I never got the time to request my needs but if anyone has a few pounds of specialties available I would be interested in all crystal, pils, munich, chocolate, etc. Also only if you aren't too far from the Frisco area.

PM if you bought too much and need to unload some.

Severum

Agreed, great work guys.

I am also 100% in favor of dropping an ad on craigslist at the beginning of the next round. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only guy out there that regularly looks for homebrew as a keyword.

I wouldn't think #3 would happen anytime soon. #1 and #2 were pretty much back to back. I'm good on grain for at least a year. If someone wants to start #3 they are welcome to use my account at CMC.

Bummer; I live in Richardson and would have gone for some, but I just didn't hear about these group buys until now. Anyway, posting here; maybe someone can contact me for #3 if yall need more participants.

Back