Is it normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MN_Jay

Reaction score
When I put a beer in the fridge (it's only 10 days in the bottle), it seems to take all the sediment off the bottom and cloud it up. It's clear as apple juice before I put it in - 4 hours later its as cloudy as the first day I brewed. I understand that the beer is not done but being that this is my first one I wanted to try one every 4 days or so, just so I can see the differences as time goes on. Is this just because it's not ready? BTW there is carbination in the beer but it's still fairly flat so I know it's not close to being ready yet.

I'll bet what you are seeing is chill haze. Take a look at some of these [ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=chill+haze+in+homebrew"]links[/ame].

+1 on chill haze. Much of that haze will settle over time, but it'll never be totally clear.

Also, I'm sure you already know this, but you're gonna wanna let those bottles sit at room temp for a few more weeks to get the carbonation up to par.

I've seen chill haze talked about here before but had no idea what it was - I guess now I do. Thanks for the replies.

Back