a classic look for my labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deranged_hermit

Reaction score
EDIT: updated labels!

here they are, i took the suggestions the you all gave, and updated the look to them. (plus one of my roommates said the old ones sucked, but these aren't changed because of him, they're changed for me):rockin:

metzfullirishredale1yg.jpg

metzfullbostonale4nj.jpg

metzfullweissbier1ze.jpg

I like the idea of having the same basic label and then just changing text around it to specify which one it is.
Eventually I want to do something similar but I have no art skillz.

If I knew how to do certain things in Adobe or PSP it might make life easier, but those programs are kind of difficult to teach yourself if you don't know what the terms mean.

Nice labels though, hermit!

homebrewer_99 said:
The labels are fine, but what's "Irishes Rot Ale"? Is that supposed to be "Irish Red"?

Last time I checked "rot" in Ireland is still "rot" and "red" was "red". "Rot" means "red" in German though.:)
yeah... i was going for a larger german theme... with the coat of arms, text, and waht not... but it's kind of contradictory when you incorporate different styles of beer from around the world. i'll most likely change it to simply Irish Red. Also, i couldn't find a gaelic translation for Irish Red... unless there is none.

Pumbaa said:
"Eire Dearg" is Irish red I believe
where did you find that? what is gaelic for Ale? i think i found Dearg in a dictionary before... but its so far from the english word that i wasn't sure.

Back