T-Corks for Initial Bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuOhQ

Reaction score
I'm primarily a beer brewer but I made some hillbilly wine in a one gallon glass jug and bottled it earlier today. Here is my simple question: It is okay to use tasting corks to bottle home made wine initially?

They were all I had available, other than some old, used corks. If not, is it okay to swap in some real corks a few days after the initial bottling. These wines aren't going to be aged, mind you, but consumed in about a month or so.

Although they're not preferred, t-corks should be fine as long as you've got a good seal. Next time, remember that it's ok to just let the wine sit in the carboy longer until you've got everything ready for bottling day (plus some extras). Another alternative is to just bottle in beer bottles. The presentation isn't anything, but it'll work. That's what I've started using for wine tasters (with corks) since NOBODY ever returns 375ml bottles :mad: !!!!!!

Back